Trial prep

Lex

After the holidays, they summoned Larkin, Piper, and I to a deposition for Roger's trial. We were the principal witnesses because of our run-ins with him. While they asked my other sisters and dad along with Mike as eyewitnesses.

Because we were under eighteen, our moms were present during questioning. It was grueling. They grilled us on everything. They left no question unturned, and they kept trying to trip us up by asking the same issues.

That lasted a few days for all of us. Once they finished, they dismissed us.

We were all hanging at the house as we talked about it.

"What will happen now?" Luna asked.

"My guess is they'll probably use some of it or none of it," I said. I wasn't sure how it all worked.

Grampa and Nana came over.

"How'd it go?" He asked Dad.

"It was grueling. The attorneys wanted to know everything. Maggie had to be with the kids, and Nancy had to be with Piper since Mike, and they are deposing us," Dad told him.

Grampa looked at him and ran his hand through his hair, thinking.

"What are you thinking, Dad?" Dad asked Grampa.

"I'm thinking they want to make out Roger as being a victim who we are attacking. It could go either way," he said to him. That didn't make me feel any better.

Just then, Dad's phone went off. He opened it to find a message waiting.

Funny, you think you will get away with this. Hilarious, that you feel you and your family are safe. It would be a shame if something were to happen to your family - unknown.

Leave my family alone.

Don't worry. I will do nothing yet, but I'm watching - unknown.

Dad walked to the door and outside. Grampa followed him as he looked around. Whoever was sending Dad, the messages had some beef with him, and it stuck us in the middle.

"What is it?" Grampa asked him.

He looked at Grampa, "Trouble." With that, he went back inside.

After that, Dad told us to stick together or with someone. Dad wasn't risking us being attacked or hurt. Ma was a nervous wreck, which we couldn't blame her. I mean, after what she went through to have us, who wants to worry someone has it out for your kids.

Uncle Nathan and Noah were still trying to locate who was sending the messages.

Grampa looked at Nana. "Call her."

She gave him a look. "Are you sure?"

"Patty, if they hammer at our family for something that prick is doing, then they need protection. Call her," he told her.

We looked at him, then at Ma and Dad.

"Fine, but remember this when you suggested I call her," she said, pulling out her phone and making a call.

"Who's Nana calling?" I asked Dad.

Dad let out a sigh. "A crazy person," he said.

We all looked at each other. That can never be good if our parents thought they were crazy because we're the definition of crazy. Look who our great grandmother is.

She returned a few minutes later. "Well, I guess we're getting company," she smiled.

A few days later, there was a knock at the door. I answered it to find a silver-haired, looking woman standing there.