Dilemmas and advice

Piper

After that night in my kitchen with Sherry, I stayed clear of the Grays for a bit. I didn't even know what to do. If I don't tell them and they find out, this would be bad. If I do tell them and Sherry talks to Roger, it's terrible. Either way, I'm screwed, ugh.

I figured if I just kept my distance, then maybe everything would blow over, except it didn't. I watched the way Sherry acted with Lakin. At school, she worked like Lakin didn't exist, but away from everyone, she responded like Lakin was everything. It burned me.

Then there was Lex. Things were awkward the night of the carnival but became even more uncomfortable after the incident with Lakin and Sherry, double ugh.

I decided I needed to talk to someone, so I went to the only person I knew who wouldn't speak, Nixon. That's the perks of knowing a minister knows they can't break confidentiality.

I walked into the chapel and greeted by his wife. "Hey Piper," she greeted me happily.

"Hey Kat, is Nixon around?"

"I think he's in his office," she said, pointing to the direction of his office.

"Thanks," I smiled as I walked towards it. I prayed I could get some answers. It's fitting because I was in a chapel and going to talk to a minister.

I knocked on the door to his office. He looked up at me. "Hey, Piper, what's up?"

"Can I talk to you about something? I kind of need advice," I said cautiously.

"Okay, take a seat," he pointed to a chair. I walked over and sat down in front of his desk.

"So, I have this friend," I started.

"Uh-huh? Go on," Nixon said.

"Well, this friend is being blackmailed into keeping a secret that might hurt another friend."

"I see." He arched an eyebrow at me.

"So, what do you think this friend should do?" I looked at him.

"Well, first, I would tell your friend to suck it up and be honest about the situation."

I gave him a look.

"Here's the thing, people that want to blackmail someone usually think they can get away with it because the person being blackmail believes the person's crap. Like, say you," he said to me.

My eyes widened.

"I'm guessing it has to do with Lakin sneaking off with some chick and getting caught by my brother- and sister-in-law. Said chick is cheating on her boyfriend because hey, it's okay because it's with another chick. Right?" Nixon asked.

"Wait. How did you know?" I asked.

"Because unlike my tool of brothers, I see all and know all," he smirked.

I looked at him. I didn't know what to say.

"Be upfront with them, Piper. Whatever this chick is blackmailing you with, trust me, she's messing with the wrong people," Nixon reasoned.

"Well, she threatens to tell Roger a bunch of stuff that isn't true about Lex and me, knowing Roger would go after Lex," I explained.

"Really? Because I'm pretty sure that would be a dumb move on her part. Since we don't get mad, we get even. Word of advice, get even. Even Maggie knew how to take us on, and she was one chick," he smirked.

I looked at him. Hmmm, he's got the point. Maybe it's time to fight fire with fire, and I knew who I needed to help me.

I thanked Nixon for his advice and paid a visit to the Grays. Sherry wants to play dirty, and then I can play dirty. Considering, my best friend was Lyric Gray, along with her sisters.