First day of senior year

Lex

The first day of the senior year started, and the night before ended with a bang. Dad got himself into trouble with Roger and Grampa, and Uncle Nixon was trying to get him out. Honestly, I didn't care that tool deserved it.

I also found out that Roger didn't leave to find himself; they took him somewhere. Piper broke up with him last night. That led me to believe she wasn't exactly honest about things. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be with her if she couldn't be accurate.

"Hey, Lex," I heard her say as I looked into my locker.

"Hey Piper," I sighed.

"So, I was wondering," she started to say before I cut her off. "I prefer it if you left me alone."

"What?" She asked.

I looked at her. "Look, I get you wanted to end things with Roger but at least be honest about it. Don't put on a show."

"Lex," she started to say.

"Piper, I have to deal with my family pulling that shit, and I prefer not to deal with it from others. They may enjoy lying, but I don't," I said, closing my locker and walking away.

I try to be friendly and thoughtful, only to have it thrown in my face. Therefore, I didn't want to get close to anyone. My whole life, I had to deal with the crazy antics of someone, but that doesn't mean I have to deal with it from others.

Most of the day comprised trying to avoid Piper. I couldn't believe this. If she had been straight with me from the beginning, I would have understood. Now my dad was in trouble because of this mess.

I put my stuff in my locker when I heard Lyric.

"Lex! Seriously, what is wrong with you?" She yelled at me.

I closed my locker door and looked at her. "Me? What did I do?"

"Well, being a tool for one," she snapped.

I looked at her with furrowed brows. How the hell is this my fault?

"First, Piper didn't know what we did to Roger. She wanted to break up with him, but we told her we would take care of it. Second, no one expected that douchenozzle to come back as quickly as he did," she told me.

"It still doesn't hide her not breaking up with him until last night," I countered.

"Well, it doesn't hide the fact you're a self-righteous prick," Larkin said, walking up with Lakin and Luna.

"What?" I asked my sisters.

"Get over yourself, Lex. You act holier than thou, but you are just as bad," Lakin said.

"It's only because of you girls. Half the stuff that happened was because of you. Did you ever stop to think about anyone but yourselves?" My voice was rising, but I didn't care. My sisters put me through hell.

"Lex, that's what siblings do. You can stand there and get pissed all you want, but we are siblings and Grays. We get into trouble, but if you want to act like you're better than us, go ahead. It doesn't make it right," Luna said.

"Whatever," I huffed and walked away. I needed some space from my sisters because they were making my dick itch. I went to a place to think alone. I did this a lot when things got too much.

I walked to a park and found a picnic table, taking a seat on it. It overlooked the river, which put me at peace. I sat there when someone sat down next to me.

"I used to come here a lot when I was your age," I heard them say. I turned to see Dad sitting next to me. "It was the only time I could have some time away from your uncles and their crazy antics."

"How did you deal with them growing up?" I asked him.

"I realized they were who they were and accepted it. Then there was your ma - she kind of made things interesting, living next door. I liked her, and she liked some other tools. I was dating my ex and couldn't help how I felt about your ma. When we broke up, I took off to Europe for a year, only to come home early and find some girl in my bed," he said to me.

I looked at him.

"It turned out to be your ma. They sent her to stay with us for a year but ended up living with us because, well, her parents are assholes."

I chuckled at that.

"Your uncles gave her a hard time, but she gave as good as she got. The interesting part of all of that was I had a thing for her but ended up falling in love with her, which to this day, if it weren't for your uncles, we probably wouldn't be together," dad admitted.

"How so?" I asked.

"They were the ones that helped me with her through everything. The day you and your sisters were born, they came with no problems, but when it was time for you, she had some difficulty. They got behind us and helped bring you into this world with being there. It was at that point I knew how important they truly were to me. They stayed because that's what siblings do," he finished.

I looked at him. Being a quint was different. You share the same space for nine months and come into this world together. You have a connection most don't have. As much as I got mad at my sisters, they were the only ones that truly knew me. That was a depressing thought.

"So, what will happen with Roger?" I asked him.

"My guess is nothing. Roger went into that house intending to harm people. Mike will tell them what happened and Piper," he said, and my stomach dropped.

He looked at me. "I think maybe you should give Piper a break."

He smiled and got up, walking away. That was the thing about Dad; he could usually make sense of things even if they made little sense.

I gave some thought to what he said and visited someone.

Piper

I came home from school and went straight to my room. Just when I thought I was getting somewhere with Lex, I wasn't. He didn't even give me a chance to explain. I honestly had nothing to do with what happened to Roger, and yes, I did "officially" break up with him last night, but I knew it was coming a long time ago.

I went up to my room and set my stuff down. I walked over and sat down in front of my window. I looked into Lex's bedroom window. He wasn't home yet.

I got to thinking about things. This past week was terrific. For once, we got to know each other without Lex leaving or his sisters being around. When you got past the shyness, Lex was a fantastic person. He was kind, thoughtful, funny, smart, and hot. He was everything a girl would want and more.

I let out a collective sigh.

I don't know how long I had been sitting there until I heard a knock at my door. I got up and answered it to see Lex standing there. He walked in and passed me.

"Look, I don't like what happened and all that, but I do know that I enjoy having spent time with you, and I would like to continue to do so," he rambled.

"I would like that too," I said.

He looked at me. "But for this friendship to work, I need you to be honest with me."

"Okay," I agreed.

"Now, I will go," he said as he turned and walked out. I stood there looking confused. The one thing about Lex, he could confuse you more than anyone.

I had a feeling if we would get anywhere, I would need to be the one to make the moves and show him how interested I am. I think a little help from some Sisters was in order.