A Christmas Birthday

Lex

"What do you mean you're in Tennessee?" Dad yelled into the phone.

I had a wedding to perform. Why the hell do you think I'm in Tennessee? Because I enjoy being in Hicksville? No, I don't. And on top of it, I'm with that tool Frazier. Oh, Nixie boy, rubs my feet! Rub your own damn feet, you twit!

"Nix, if you don't get back in time for tomorrow, Noah will kill you," Dad told him.

You tell our twit of a brother that I have been there for everything, and if he can't understand that they delayed our flight, then he's a moron!

"Fine, but try to schedule a wedding, oh I don't know, not the day before Christmas!" Dad yelled.

First off, I didn't schedule this. The happy couple did, and let me tell you that was one hell of a wedding until Kaiden kept hitting on her sister and almost got murdered by her husband. Wait, that was pretty funny. Second, how the hell was I supposed to know we would get hit with a freak snowstorm?

"Nix, it's December and Michigan. We always get hit with a freak snowstorm. It's winter, you dolt!" Dad told Nixon.

Don't get snippy with me, old man. I don't have the time nor crayons to explain this to your dumb ass. Now do me a favor and jump your wife. Kaiden! Stop flirting with people! Look, I got to go before my son gets his balls chopped off by some crazy dude.

Uncle Nixon hung up, and we looked at dad, "Nix, send his love." He walked away as we all stood there. I'm guessing that the phone call didn't go well. Yep, this would be a fun Christmas.

Christmas Eve proved to be eventful, especially when Dad told Uncle Noah about Uncle Nixon and his predicament.

"Are you freaking kidding me?" Noah exclaimed, looking at Dad slightly irritated. Who was I kidding? He passed irritation a long time ago and moved right onto pissed off.

"Noah, it's not like I put him on the damn plane! Why are you getting mad at me?" Dad said defensively.

"Because this is bullshit!" Noah huffed.

"Yeah, well, it is what it is. There isn't much we can do about it. Let's hope Nix gets back in time," Dad reasoned.

Noah was beyond angry, but then again, it's not like we asked for a freak snowstorm either. I slipped out and went to see Piper.

I trudged through the snow and knocked on her door. Nancy answered it, "Hey, Lex. Come on in; Piper is up in her room."

I walked in and removed my shoes before heading up to see Piper. I walked upstairs to find her wrapping gifts. So I did what any good boyfriend would do and kissed her, then settled onto her bed.

She got up and joined me.

"You look cold," she said with a look.

"We're in Michigan. I'm always cold. Why don't you warm me up?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows as she leaned over and kissed me. We made out, then talked.

"So, it looks like Uncle Nixon got stuck in Tennessee on Christmas," I told her.

"How's Noah taking it?" Piper asked.

"Not so good; Uncle Noah told Dad it's bullshit, his words, not mine," I smirked. She laughed.

"Maybe he will make it home in time," she said.

"Maybe, but I rather do other things," I said as I pulled her lips to mine.

Piper

Every time Lex kisses me, it was like an explosion went off inside of me. He was terrific in every sense. Things started to heat, but we put the breaks on.