Hanging out

Lex

The past few days, I hung out with Piper getting to know her as Dad advised. What seemed like a crush changed? I didn't have a crush on her anymore. I fell in love with her.

I had known her since we were toddlers when her parents moved in next door to me, but she hung out with my sisters. I'm amazed they didn't corrupt her, knowing them.

Today was the last day of summer break, and all of us hit the beach. I was still cautious with her. I mean, what if I made a move and she rejects me? I don't want to ruin what we have so far, but I couldn't help but think of those full lips. Those beautiful brown eyes, that soft, silky hair, those curves, her, um, assets, well, shit.

"Lex, hurry and stop jerking off, will ya?" Larkin yelled.

I need to gag her. Maybe if I shove a pastry in her mouth, it will shut her the hell up.

"Go eat another pastry, Larkin, pain in the ass," I yelled at my door.

"Ooh, someone needs to get laid," Luna said.

"Eh, he needs some Piper loving," Lakin added.

"Lots of Piper loving, apparently," Lyric finished.

I hate my sisters as I heard them laugh.

"The only loving someone is getting is your ma! Now go to the damn beach already!" Dad yelled. You didn't have to tell me twice. Anytime they got a chance; My parents were going at it like horny teenagers, yuck.

We went to the beach and set up. As I laid a towel down, Piper caught my eye as she pulled off her cover-up, damn.

She was wearing a burgundy bikini, and it hugged her in all the right places. I watched as she walked towards the water, watching her butt as she walked away, well, damn.

Piper

I made sure I was in Lex's view when I took off my cover-up and made sure I wore the right bathing suit, a bikini. He was setting up a towel when I removed it; Then I walked away, hoping he was checking me out.

Ever since we had ice cream that night, Lex and I hung out, and I was so glad. I got to know him more and found him to be sweet and funny, not to mention hot as hell, but all we did was talk. That was fine, but I wanted him to make a move.

Lyric suggested giving him that little push. Give him a little eye candy. So, I did. God, I hope he gets the hint since I was dropping them all week.

Being around Lex differed from Roger. I didn't feel like I had to be a certain way. With Lex, it came easy. I could be goofy, and myself and he didn't care about how it looked. I wish he would have asked me out before Roger.

I mean, I knew about his crush, but I also knew he was shy. Mom suggested baby steps. Baby steps it is.

Lex

I watched as Piper got into the water and splashed around, acting like a kid. I loved that about her. The simple things made her laugh and have fun. She got pure enjoyment out of it, and I got absolute pleasure out of her reaction.

"So, when are you going to ask her out?" Kaiden asked me as he stood on one side of me, and Kain stood on the other side.

"Well, I'm not sure," I replied.

"What do you mean you're not sure?" Kain asked.

"Well, she just got out of a relationship, and I don't want to push her into anything. What if I do and she says no? Then I feel like an utter loser," I told both.

Then I heard someone say, "If she says no, she says no. What can it hurt to ask?"

We turned to see Marshall, Murphy, Niall, Noel, and some girls with them. Marshall walked over to me. "Lex, this is your chance to ask her out. Take it. Life isn't worth living if you don't take chances."