Repercussions

Lex

I don't know what happened, but there was a lot of yelling and door slamming, which wasn't helping my head. Piper had left, and I lay there.

I got up to grab something for my head when I heard talking coming from the kitchen and realized it was Ma and Dad.

"Nash, how could you hit him?"

"Mags, he should have told me," Dad countered.

"It was his job. Larkin came to him under pretenses so she could talk to him," Ma reasoned.

"It doesn't matter. Larkin is my daughter. He should have told me," he remarked.

Larkin? What does she have to do with this?

"Nash, part of Nixon's job is to counsel people. If they tell him something in confidentiality, he can't break that. It's no different from a lawyer or doctor," she reasoned.

"But what happened he needed to tell us," he said firmly.

"I know, but Larkin had to be the one to tell us."

"I don't know what to do, Mags. How do I help someone that is rape?" He asked.

Did someone rape Larkin? What the fuck?

I turned around and walked back upstairs as something broke inside of me. Then I thought back to a particular day. She was late getting home. She walked in, and she was bloody and bruised. When Lyric asked her what happened, all she said as she got into a fight with some guy.

We thought nothing of it because one of us was always tussling with someone. That was the beginning of last year. After that, Larkin changed. She wouldn't talk to another guy beside us, and she became more sarcastic and angrier.

I walked to her room and knocked on the door then turned the handle opening it.

"Lex? Are you okay?" She asked me as she looked at me.

"Are you, Lark?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?" She asked me.

"Larkin," I said.

"Lex?" She looked at me, confused as I slowly approached her.

"Larkin, I know," I told her.

"Know what?"

"I know about the attack and the rape."

I watched her face drop.

"Who did it?"

Silence.

"Who did it, Larkin?"

"Lex let it go," she warned me.

"Who did it, Larkin?"

"I can't tell you," she whispered, shaking her head.

That was it. I lost it.

"Who did it, Larkin?" I barked.

"Roger! Okay! Satisfied?" She yelled back. That was all it took before I turned and took off out of her room.

"Lex!" She yelled, running after me, but I was faster. That alerted everyone else as I took off out of the house.

Ma and Dad came out of the kitchen. "Larkin? What's going on?" Dad asked her.

"It's Lex! He knows," she cried.

He looked at Ma, and she said, "Nash stop him." He took off as she called the ones she knew would help my uncles.

I jumped into my car and pulled out of the driveway, almost hitting another vehicle. I didn't care. I was furious. I would kill him for what he did. I sped over to his house with Dad right on my tail.