Ice cream

Lex

I thought about what dad said. I mean, what did I have to lose now that Roger was out of the picture. I could knock on her door and say, hey Piper, beautiful weather we are having. Nice weather? What the hell is wrong with me?

I stood there, thinking about what I could do. How do I approach this? I mean, what's the best avenue? So many questions and no answers.

Then I heard a knock at my door. I walked over, answered it, and Dad held out a carton of ice cream, "Here. Go ask her if she would like some ice cream." He smiled and winked at me as I took the carton from him and walked away.

"Where's Lex going?" Ma asked, walking up.

Dad put his arm around her neck. "Well, Mags, our boy is taking baby steps and offering ice cream."

She smiled. "Ice cream makes everything better."

"That it does," he said, kissing her.

"Ew, gross, can you not make out in the hallway," Lakin said, walking by them.

"Hey! If it weren't for us making out, none of you would be here!" Dad yelled at her.

"Dad! No one wants to know about your sex life! That's just gross," Lyric yelled.

"We prefer to think Ma just spontaneously combusted with us," Larkin retorted.

"Seriously, Dad! Do you need to talk about sex!" Luna yelled.

"You wait! You all got to bring home a guy at some point," he yelled.

"Excuse me! I don't think so!" Lakin yelled.

"Except you! You got to bring home a girl, and I still need to meet her," he yelled at Lakin as he walked to yell at them more. Ma just laughed as she went downstairs.

I walked over to the next door and knocked on the door. Mike answered it, "Hey, Lex."

"Hey, Mike, is Piper home?" I asked.

He looked at me then at the ice cream.

"Yeah, she's in the kitchen with her mom. Come in," he said, stepping aside. I walked towards the kitchen and found Nancy and Piper sitting at the kitchen table. They looked at me, surprised.

"Hey, Lex," Nancy greeted me.

"Hey Nancy, my dad said I should ask Piper if she wanted some ice cream," I said, holding out the ice cream. She stood up and took it from me. "Yeah, I'm just going to go," I said as I turned and started to leave.

"How about you stay and join us for some ice cream?" Piper asked me as I froze. I didn't think this far ahead. I turned around and looked at them.

"I don't want to intrude. I mean, I figure it upset you about Roger," I said hesitantly.

"Roger?" Piper asked me surprise.

Piper and her mom looked at me, confused.

"Yeah, well, I mean it's got to be tough, you know when someone leaves to go find themselves and breaks up with someone," I said shyly.

"Oh," Piper said, surprise. I didn't know her dad was behind me gesturing to Piper as Piper looked at me and said, "Uh, right. It was so hard." She started crying. Oh god, what did I do?

I walked over to her. "Please don't cry. I didn't mean to upset you."

She sniffled, "I'm sorry, it's just that I wanted to tell you, but you were mad at me, and you hated me," she babbled.

I took a seat. "No, I don't hate you. I just figured you didn't need me to cause any problems," I said to Piper as she looked at me and sniffled, "really?"