First date memories

Lex

I felt it was time to take Piper out on our first date. I wanted to do something memorable for her, so I sought some guidance. I went to the one person who I knew would offer decent advice. I went to Grampa.

No way was I going to Dad or my uncles. I walked inside, and Nana greeted me. "Hey, Lex," she smiled.

"Hey, Nana, is Grampa here?" I asked.

"Yeah, Nate! Lex is here!" Nana yelled.

He came downstairs. "Hey, bud, what's up?"

"I need some advice," I answered.

They looked at me as I explained what I needed. My grandparents understood why I didn't go to Dad or anyone else. They told me what kind of date I should take her on. Keep it simple, and for God's sake, don't get her knocked up. I still didn't understand that last part. It was just a date.

I thanked them for their advice and planned Piper's and my first date. I preferred it personal for her and memorable.

I saw Piper with Lyric in the hallway. I walked over to her and slid my arm around her. "Excuse us," I said as I pulled her with me as we walked down the hallway. Lyric laughed.

"Need something?" Piper asked me.

I leaned and said in a husky voice, "Yeah, a date with you."

We stopped, and she turned to me. "Oh?"

I placed my hands on her waist. "Yeah, really, you be ready at five tonight because I got plans for us." With that, I kissed her quickly and walked away.

Lyric walked up. "What was that about?"

"Lex is taking me on a date tonight," she said with a look and a smile.

"It's about time," Lyric said.

"Right," she agreed as they giggled and headed off to class.

Piper

As soon as I got home, I got ready. I tried to keep it simple since he didn't give me an idea where we were going.

Around five, our doorbell rang, and Dad answered it. I grabbed my hoodie, going downstairs. It surprised me. Lex was standing there with a bouquet of roses.

I walked over to him and my dad, "Here," he said, handing me the flowers, taking them. The flowers were beautiful. I took a whiff and inhaled the fragrance.

"They're beautiful," I smiled.

"Just like you," he said with a look. Whoa, I've never seen that look before. I handed the flowers to Dad without looking at him, and Lex took my hand as we walked out of the house.

"You two have fun! Not too much fun, though!" Dad yelled as we walked away.

We got into the car, and I turned to him, "So what do you have planned?"

He turned and leaned towards me. "I thought we could keep it simple tonight." My heart started racing as I looked at him. He moved back over and started the car. There's something different about Lex now.

We pulled up to a diner and got out then walked inside. We found a booth and a waitress took our order as she flirted with him. The funny part is what he said to her, "Lady, can you take our order and keep the flirting to the minimum?"

I looked at her as her facial expression changed as she turned and scampered off to the kitchen.

I looked at him, "Wow, what was that?"

"I didn't want her getting any wrong ideas," he shrugged.

"I think she was just friendly," I suggested.