Oh, god!

What you're about to read take seriously. No humor will be present during this chapter. I advise reader discretion. Thank you.

Lex

"Oh, god! Daniel!" Lyric screamed as she rushed over to him. We walked in to find him lying on the floor with a gun next to him and a single gunshot wound to the temple. He was dead.

Lyric scooped him up in her arms and held him as she cried, "No! Daniel, god, no! Please wake up!" She wailed.

I called Dad while Maverick called 911 and Jordan. God, there was so much blood.

I hung up as I walked over, trying to console her, but she pushed me away. "Get away from me! Daniel, please wake up! Lex makes him wake up!" She sobbed.

Maverick walked over to her and placed his hands on her arms. "Lyric, he's gone."

She looked at him, "Maverick, he can't be. Please tell me this is a nightmare? Please." She sobbed.

He looked at her and whispered, "I'm sorry, but it's not." She wailed as we heard sirens, and Dad yell, "Lex! Lyric!"

We heard footsteps up the stairs as Dad appeared along with Uncle Noah and the police.

She looked at them. "Dad, please wake him up!"

Dad and Uncle Noah walked over to her and pulled her from him as Dad said, "We can't, baby girl. He's gone."

"Oh, god!" She broke down, then we heard more footsteps as his parents appeared, and his mom screamed.

"Daniel!" His mom screamed as his dad held her. Jordan appeared and looked at the scene and lowered his head.

It was one of the few times he couldn't save a patient. He spoke with Daniel's parents. His dad listened as Jordan explained everything to them.

Schizophrenia? I didn't know that's what was wrong with Daniel. I mean, I picked up on signs but didn't think it would ultimately lead to suicide.

We watched as they loaded Daniel's body into a black bag and zipped it up, then loaded it up on a stretcher. The police gathered the gun for evidence, and they guided us out of the room. They treated the room as a crime scene until the investigation was over.

Dad and Noah took Lyric home after offering their condolences to Daniel's parents.

We walked outside with Jordan.

"Jordan, I thought things were good with Daniel," Maverick asked him.

"The problem with schizophrenia is they need hospitalization. Daniel refused," Jordan explained.

"You couldn't force him into the hospital?" Maverick asked.

"It doesn't work like that, Maverick. Daniel never spoke of suicide or even mentioned it. I couldn't put him on a seventy-two-hour hold unless he mentioned it. Mental health is tricky. People won't seek help for fear of being treated differently. All Daniel wanted is people to treat him normal," he explained to us.

"Well, now, we have grieving parents, a girlfriend, and all these questions with no answers," Maverick said to him.

"I'll take care of his parents. Go check on Lyric," he told Maverick as he turned and went back inside.

We walked to the car, and we spoke not a word. What could we say?

We pulled into the driveway. I got out and saw Piper walking towards me. Maverick went inside. She looked at me. "Is Daniel, okay?"

"No," I replied.

"What happened?" Piper asked.

I couldn't look at her. "We found Daniel dead. He committed suicide Piper," was all I could manage as my voice cracked.

"Oh god," she whispered as she placed her arms around me and held me as I cried. We stood there, just holding each other and crying. It was the worst night of our lives.

We walked in to find Lyric sitting on the couch as everyone gathered around her. She sat there numb, no tears, no emotion, no nothing. My sisters had been crying while everyone consoled them.

I walked over and took a seat next to her, as did my sisters. We engulfed her with our arms. Our fellow quint needed us. I didn't know what to do, but someone else did.

Major walked away, outside, and made a call. "Hey, it's me. It's not good, and we need your help." Major explained to the person on the other end of the phone call about what happened. They listened, then hung up.

It would be a phone call that would change our lives and give Lyric hope because right now, that's what she needed. We all needed hope. I hope that we would survive this and that our fellow quint would survive. I hope that things would get better.

They say when you lose someone you love, grief can consume you. It can tear you apart, and you can drown in it because your heart becomes broken. Death is the end. There is no rhyme or reason.

It's worse when someone takes their life. They leave people behind with no answers. People call them selfish, but what if it's not because they're greedy, but to them, it's the only solution left? What if they feel there is no other solution? What if?

I guess we can all ask ourselves these questions, but only the person knows why and even then, they don't.

Suicide is a critical topic we need to address and discuss. People shy away from it because it's not something they want to consider. Deaths happen every day.

People feel hopeless and feel like no one will listen. We need to hear more. Listen to what they aren't saying. The signs are there. Bullying is a big part and needs to stop. Kids are dying because they feel like they have no one. Adults are dying for the same reason. Depression is a common trait of suicide.

Please seek help if you feel thoughts of helplessness and dying. Talk to someone. Listen to people. You might save their lives.

Thank you.