You're a twit!

Lex

That was not what I expected when I finally confessed to Piper was a baseball to the noggin. I sat in the emergency room so they could make sure there was no severe injury.

"I will kill that kid," Dad huffed as Ma tried to calm him.

They had to take me for x-rays, and I needed stitches, FML.

They released me with orders to stay home the next few days and for them to monitor me. Dad helped me upstairs to bed, and the minute my head hit the pillow I was out.

Dad and Ma were downstairs talking with my uncles.

"What the hell is wrong with that kid?" Nixon asked.

"That kid doesn't seem like they wrapped him too tightly," Noah said.

"No, shit. I swear you're a twit sometimes," Nixon huffed, earning a look from Noah.

"That still doesn't explain why this kid has it out for Lex?" Nathan said to them.

They thought about it until Nash said, "Roger mention something about his grandfather should have killed Mags when he had a chance. The only person I knew that could have done it was that doctor who was taking care of Mags," Dad said to them.

"Yeah, but he doesn't have the same last name as Bryson and Bryson is dead," Nolan told them.

"What if his parent isn't a son but a daughter of Dr. Tilson," Dad said to them.

"It's possible. I mean, that would explain Roger's comments and hatred for the quints," Nathan said.

They all looked at each other and sighed. Ma looked at them. "So what do we do now? I can't keep having him go after my babies."

Dad pulled her to him, "We'll figure it out."

The thing was no one knew how dangerous Roger was, but we would eventually find out. What Bryson did to ma was nothing compared to what Roger had planned, but whatever it was, put us in his sights.

Piper

They took Lex home so he could rest. I was so angry with Roger. He could have killed him. Just the thought of it made my heartache. Lex did nothing to anyone. He always got roped into situations, but mostly he was so different from anyone. I had to see him.

I walked over to Gray's and knocked on the door. Nash answered it.

"Hey Piper," Nash greeted me.

"Hey Nash," I greeted Nash. "Do you mind if I see Lex?" I asked him.

"Well, I'm not sure how good of company he will consider he's sleeping," he said to me.

"That's okay, I just wanted to see Lex," I said to Nash.

"Go on up," he smiled. I walked past him, Maggie, and the brothers to see him, walking upstairs to his room.

"You know I like her. She's not as big of a pain in the ass like you were," Nixon said to Maggie.

"Nixon, you're still a tool," Maggie said, rolling her eyes and shaking her head.

I turned the handle and opened his door. He was asleep. I quietly closed his door and walked over to him. I took a seat on the side of the bed and talked to him.

"Today was amazing until your family interrupted us, and Roger used your head for batting practice," I giggled. "Bad joke, I know. It's the only way I can handle this right now. It's funny ever since we were kids I was hoping one day you would want to hold my hand. You were this shy kid with crazy sisters, but I was so enamored with you. Never once did you ever make me feel unwanted or even your family."