Grammy to the rescue

Lex

Once they released Roger from the hospital, they promptly arrested him for what he did. He got off, light with me.

As for Dad and Uncle Nixon, things were tense between them. Both were stubborn and felt the other was in the wrong. We all got in the crossfire. Dad wasn't talking to Nixon, and Nixon was being Nixon throwing digs at him, every chance he got. It was a mess.

Things got out of hand when we all showed up at Grampa's house for dinner.

We walked in, and Nixon announced, "Oh look, it's Nashville! Now we can eat because heaven forbid anyone keeps anything from him!"

Dad looked at him and walked away.

"Yeah, that's right, keep walking because that's what you well, right? Walk away when things get rough! You did it with Maggie, and now you're doing it," he spat.

Dad stopped and turned around. He walked towards Nixon. "I didn't keep something this bad from you! I didn't use my job as a way out of telling me the truth! But you don't get it and you never will," he growled.

"Then explain it to me. Because you seem to know all the answers," Nixon said, shooting him a glare.

Just as things got heated, Grammy walked over and smacked them both with her cane, "Ow! Grammy!" Dad yelled.

"Enough! Both of you! You're both acting like twits!"

They looked at her. She looked at Nixon, "You should know better than to keep something like that from your brother, and if you plan on it, then don't be a dipshit and goad him." She turned to Dad. "And you Nashville, need to get with the program and realize the world doesn't revolve around you."

"Grammy!" Dad yelled.

"Oh, shut up! You both bicker like little girls, and it's stupid. This whole situation stems from that dunderhead that she dated," she said, pointing at Piper. "He's the one that causes this mess. Not you and not you," she looked at each of them. "Now, stop being twats and act like brothers, or I will beat the hell out of you with my cane. I don't care if you are in your forties," she barked.

They looked at her as she turned and walked over to Grampa. "Nathaniel, I'm too old for this shit. Get your boys under control, or I will beat your ass. Now let's eat."

We watched as she walked over to the table and took a seat.

"You heard Ma, kiss, and makeup," Grampa told them.

They looked at each other. "Look, I'm not happy with what you did, but I'm glad Larkin went to someone," Dad told him.

"Nash, I would never keep something like this from you. You know that. I didn't have a choice," he sighed.

"Yeah, I know. It's just; it's hard. Knowing some asswipe did that to your kid," he said, rubbing his forehead.

"Yeah, I get it."

"That's great and all but can you speed this up so we can eat," Nathan said as he walked over to them. They both looked at him as he rolled his eyes. "I swear you two are worse than chicks." He promptly walked away.

Dad and Nixon hugged it out, and we could finally eat, although my sisters were taking bets on who would clean the floor with each other. I swear they are something else.

We all enjoyed dinner, and having everyone there was surreal. I just knew at some point; it wouldn't last, especially when it came time to go off to school.

After dinner was over, I took Piper home and walked her to her front door.

"Things have been bizarre the past few weeks, haven't they?" She asked me.

"Weird doesn't even explain it," I said to her.

"What do you think will happen now?"

"Well, hopefully, Roger is out of our lives, and Larkin will get the help she needs. I hate seeing my sister lose. It was like something changed in her that night. We figured it was just her being how she always is, but she wasn't," I told her.

"Lex, sexual assault is a hard thing to deal with, not only is it ten times harder on the person that it affects, but it's also hard on everyone around them. It never got to that point with Roger, but his abuse was just as hard on my family and me," she said to me.

I looked at her and sighed. I hated knowing Roger put his hands on her like that. She didn't deserve it. I pulled her to me and wrapped my arms around her. She buried her head into my chest as she wrapped her arms around my back. I just wanted to make her feel safe, no matter how long it took.

While I was with Piper, someone knocked on our door. Lyric answered it, "Daniel?"

"Hey, Lyric, I'm sorry it's late, but I was hoping we could talk," he said to her.

"Yeah, just let me get my coat," she said, reaching for her jacket and pulling it on. She closed the door, and they went for a walk.

"How are things?" She asked him.

"They're okay. You know, with everything that happened," Daniel answered.

"Yeah, I know," Lyric said.

"It's just when you've been with someone, you never imagine that they would do these kinds of things to you," Daniel added.

She listened to him as he talked.

"Sherry and I started dating in junior high. It made sense with us being together because I was a jock, and she was a cheerleader. Then over time, I thought I was in love with her, but something always seemed off with us. It's like she prefers the whole reputation over me. I don't even think she liked me half the time," he said with a deep sigh.

Lyric stopped and touched his arm. "Hey, you look at me. If anyone didn't deserve someone, it was Sherry not deserving you. Daniel, you have so many great qualities. You need someone who sees those qualities over the 'jock' persona."

"Yeah," Daniel said as he sighed.

"Look, you are dealing with a broken heart, and it takes time for it to heal. Give it time," Lyric reassured Daniel.

He looked at her and smiled. "Thanks, I needed to hear that. You know you're interesting."

"I'm a Gray. We're all interesting." She shrugged as he chuckled, and she laughed. They walked more; then he walked her home.

I had a feeling those two would become close. I hope so because Lyric had a crush on Daniel for as long as I could remember. Personally, maybe if they got together, she would lie off me somewhat. It's dreaming on my part.

I had a feeling this was just the beginning for the five of us as things would take a turn.

Dad's phone buzzed, and he pulled it out to see a message waiting for him.

Did you think this was over? - Unknown

Who is this?

Let's say; your family will pay for everything. Especially those abominations you call children and that whore you call a wife. - Unknown

"Nash?" Ma looked at him, "You okay?"

"Mags, I think we have a problem," Dad said to Ma.

She looked at him as he handed his phone to her. She looked at him, "I don't understand. Who is this?"

"I don't know, but I will find out," he said as her face filled with worry. He pulled her to him, "I promise baby girl. We will find them."

"Nash, please don't let them hurt our babies," she said, burying her head into his chest.

"Never," he whispered as he held her tight.

It was just the start of what was to come for all of us.

The Gray Sisters ✔️ (Wattpad version)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें