Prom

Piper

With prom around the corner, people were crazy with prom frenzy. I couldn't blame them, since it was pretty exciting, except I couldn't get excited. Every time a formal dance rolled around, they told me no. This homecoming was the first dance I went to, and it felt nice.

I took a deep breath and sighed and turned, walking to class. I wasn't aware that a few people were watching. The quints stuck their head around the corner and watched my walkway. They looked at each other and smiled.

I sat in class when I heard my name called over the intercom.

"Will Piper Harper come to the gymnasium?" The voice asked, trying to sound male.

I looked up, then heard another voice say, "Couldn't you sound more convincing, tool?" Larkin asked.

"I thought it was convincing," Lakin responded.

"Oh yeah, real convincing there, numbnuts," Larkin retorted.

"I swear I will beat your ass." Lakin huffed.

"Well, Lex will beat all our asses if she doesn't go to the gym." Lyric cautioned.

"Um, guys, everyone can hear us," Luna said.

I just shook my head as the teacher laughed. I got up and left the classroom. So did everyone else.

I made my way to the gym as people followed me. Okay, that's not creepy at all.

I pushed open the gym doors, and standing in the middle of it was rose petals, and in the form of a giant heart was Lex. I walked over to him, and he was holding a sign.

Prom? The sign asked.

I smiled as I walked over to him and threw my arms around his neck, kissing him. He dropped the sign and kissed me back.

"Yes," I whispered against his lips, and he promptly kissed me again. I was excited to be going to prom with Lex. I couldn't wait.

We all got ready, but Larkin was being more difficult fighting about going until Maverick persuaded her to go. I swear my cousin has some superpower with her.

Every time Luna tried to sneak out in something inappropriate, she got stopped by Major until she wore something more appropriate.

Lakin wore a formal dress since Mia was wearing suit pants. Their reasoning was Lakin was more girly than Mia. Yeah, the boys almost got punched for that comment.

Lyric kept to a simple style. Lyric wasn't the flashy type, and that was fine by Lyric's parents and Daniel. She looked beautiful either way.

I went with a classic look. It suited me. I walked downstairs after the girls to see them with their date as I saw Lex waiting for me in a black tux. Damn, he was hot.

Nash and Maggie took pictures; then, we headed out to prom. We pulled up to a building and went inside. People were standing around and finding a seat at a table. We found a table that fit all of us.

We all sat there as they served dinner, talking about our plans. Kaiden and Kain strolled up with two girls.

"Ladies, devil children," they smirked. Mia and I were trying not to laugh.

"I see you finally found someone that isn't a blow-up doll, Kaiden," Larkin snapped.

He rolled his eyes at her as we snickered.

Lex turned to them. "Hey, what about school?"

"Daddy dearest decided he can trust us, and we're bunking with all of you," Kain told Lex.

"But that's not the only thing," Kaiden added.

"There's more?" Lex asked.

"Yeah, it seems our dear cousins are coming," Kain said to him.

"Great, that's all we need," Lex said.

"Which reminds me, what about you guys?" Luna asked Major.

"What about us?" He shrugged.

"Is this it?" Luna asked Major.

We looked at Larkin, who shifted in her seat. I knew that was a question looming with them regarding Maverick and Major. With them being older, we bound it to come out.

"Well, I am transferring to school since I still have time left before I graduate," Maverick said. A smile appeared on Larkin's face.

Luna looked at Major trying to figure out what he would say, then she said, "It's okay. I knew it was too good to be true. Excuse me." She scooted out her chair and got up. Then she walked away.

"Why do you do that?" Maverick asked him.

"And kill the surprise," he shrugged.

"Yeah, well, go get your woman before some other twit gets her," Kain said, pointing at some guy talking to Luna.

"Oh, hell no," he exclaimed, getting up and walking over to her.

"That'll teach him," Mia smirked.

We watched as Major walked over and cut in, pulling Luna to him. Whatever he said to her, she threw her arms around him and kissed him. I swear my cousin could be a dunce sometimes.

Why couldn't he tell her he was starting school in the fall with us was beyond me?

After dinner, we all got up to dance. The year started interesting, got crazy then finally settled down. The moment could not have been more perfect as we all danced and had a good time.

They say in time, you meet the one it destines you for your life. I could not agree more with that statement as I looked at everyone, and they seemed genuinely happy.

As for Lex and me, I knew in my heart that he was it for me. I couldn't see myself with anyone else, and that was fine with me.

After prom, we sat on my porch, drinking coffee.

"So, was tonight everything you thought it would be?" Lex asked me.

"It was perfect," I said, taking a sip from my mug.

"I'm glad," he said, wrapping his arm around me. I leaned into him, and he kissed the top of my head.

We sat there enjoying each other's company and our coffee as we pondered what the future held for us. I had a feeling thing would take a turn for all of us, and no one would be the same.