lxxxviv. 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐭

( BLIND AS A BAT. )
carl grimes.

warnings:
a bit of swearing

word count:
1788

author's note:
i rel8 to this uGh glasses
succ huhuh.
to all my glasses wearing
readers, I FEEL YOUR
PAIN ;—(
this is also based on my
eyesight and my
mannerisms btw!! i have
astigmatism and i legit
have to press the paper
on my face esp if i haven't
worn my glasses all day

─── • ° *。✧ ───

people who don't wear glasses are honestly super lucky because having glasses sucks.

everything is so blurry and you're so dependent on your glasses, so if you lose them, you're as good as dead.

i place my hands over the burning fire, trying to warm them up. i retract and blow on my hands, rubbing them against each other to cause friction and heat. i sigh and place my hands back over the fire. after my body warms up, i slouch and place my elbows on my knees. i squint and blink several times at the fire, trying to focus on the flames despite the blurriness.

i run a hand through my hair and groan out loud when i push the bridge of my rose using my index finger because i thought that i was wearing glasses. i sigh and fish my glasses out of my pockets and put them on. i blink repeatedly, letting my eyes adjust from the blurriness of the night.

i wasn't wearing my glasses because i can't afford to lose them or break it. i know that it's stupid because i'll have a higher chance of breaking or losing it by not wearing it. i'm probably the clumsiest person on the planet and i tend to trip and fall on my face every now and then. i don't know about you, but if i don't wear my glasses, i get this sense that something is still missing and i become more careful.

i slump on the log i was sitting on and look at the palms of my hands, seeing the curves and lines and the veins on my palms.

my head snaps up when i hear a twig snap from a far, making me turn my attention towards the direction of the sound. i push my glasses up to the bridge of my nose before standing up and fishing my knife out of my boot. i slowly approach towards the direction of the sound, stepping foot into the darkness of the woods. i look around and see nothing, so i decided that it was probably a rabbit or a deer and i was just probably hearing things. i shrug, removing my glasses and placing it on top of my head, like a headband.

before i could walk back, i feel something grab my leg and pull me backwards. i shriek as i hit the ground, letting go of my knife and my glasses falling off my head in the process.i feel myself panic and feel around for my knife. i'm getting attacked and i can't confirm if it's either a walker or a cannibal or a person because i can't see anything besides the color of the person (or thing) grabbing my leg.

when i finally feel my knife, i grab it and i raise my knife to kill it. before i could strike, i hear a "hey, hey! i wouldn't plunge that knife into my skull if i were you," making me freeze.

so, it's a person. thank god.

as soon as i feel their grip on me loosen, i crawl away from them and stand up, pointing my knife at them or atleast what i thought was them.