lxvi. 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 (𝟑)

* part three of my 2nd story-ish series about chandler *

warnings: chan is v straightforward lmao

words: 849

* inspired by 'a walk to remember' 💛 *

-----

Chan's POV

After she left in a hurry, I kicked my foot on the table and arched my back forwards, covering my face with my hands.

"God, I'm so stupid!" I say, repeating it over and over again. "Why did I do something so fucking stupid?!" I gripped my hair in frustration and groaned.

I may not want to admit it, but I like (Y/N). Yes, the so called 'Living Virgin Mary' is the girl I like. After all these tutor sessions, I just now finally realized that I like her. Yes, how stupid of me.

She's not what I expected. I thought that she was the stereotypical nerdy girl that everyone finds weird and all, but she's actually really fun to be with, kind, nice, smart, and loving.

I honestly want to be in a relationship with her. I don't care if people will bully me, if my friends will break our friendship, I don't care. I want to be with her and I have to get her.

***

Reader's POV

After mine and Chandler's awkward tutor session, I found it hard to look at him when I saw him at school.

I was about to enter the Art Room, but then he emerged from the room, us nearly knocking each other off of our feet from our impact. I grunted as we bumped into each other and nearly fell, but Chandler held my arms and helped me regain my posture.

I quietly thank him as I feel my cheeks burn. He nodded, but then he started to stare at me.

I raise an eyebrow at him, "What? Is there something on my face?" I began touching my face, finding any kind of smudge. Chandler chuckled, bringing my hands to my sides. "No, no, no. It's just, you look beautiful. I mean, you always did, but I just-" Chandler sighed, laughing at himself. "I sound stupid, don't I?"

I nodded whilst giggling at his stuttering. Honestly, he seems nervous, which is quite unusual because what can be so nerve recking that can make a guy like him nervous?

"Hey, are you okay? You seem tense," I ask him with worry evident on my voice. "O-Oh! I'm fine, I-I'm great!" He starts to chuckle nervously and then gave way for me to enter the classroom. I arched an eyebrow at him in confusion, but ignored it and entered the classroom.

A gasp escaped my mouth as I took in the classroom. There, on my desk were a bouquet of flowers and on the board was written, '(Y/N), go out with me?'. My mouth hung open and I felt myself blush yet again. My classmates smirked and giggled as I walked past them and to my desk. I wanted to hide somewhere and just lay there until all this embarassment washed away. I never liked being in the limelight and I probably never will.

As I picked up the bouquet, I noticed a small card that was sticked to it. I picked it up and noticed the familiar sloppy, but understandable handwriting.

I'm so sorry about our last meeting. I hope this kind of explains why I did it and I hope I made it up to you with this small surprise.

- Chandler

I turned around and there stood Chandler with his head tilted, waiting for my response. I tried to form the words, but nothing came out and instead, a sob escaped my mouth. Tears welled up in my eyes and laughs were heard around the classroom. I dropped the bouquet and I ran out of the classroom, towards the school hallways.

Chandler's shouts echoed in my mind, but I didn't care and continued running away from the embarassment, the humiliation, the teasing.

I must've slowed down because Chandler managed to catch up with me. He hugged me from behind, while I cried and cried in his arms. My knees dropped down to the floor and my hands covered my eyes. Chandler rubbed my back and tried to contain himself from crying.

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" He asked with a shaky voice. "I'm sorry, Chandler, but I can't. I can't go out with you."

I really want to, I really do, but I can't. I'll hurt him if I do and I don't want to see him hurt.

"Why? Atleast tell me why, (Y/N). Why can't you go out with me?"

I tried to say the words that I've been meaning to say earlier, but then again, I didn't say it. I couldn't say it now.

My head began to hurt and I begin to feel very light-headed. My hands began to shake uncontrollably and I couldn't control my breathing. I uncovered my eyes and I could see white spots appearing from here and there.

"(Y/N)?"

  I fell down, numb and light-headed. All I could hear were Chandler's calls to me and screams of help before darkness consumed me.

-----

i'm so sorry that this was so short huhu.

the next part will be the finale of this series and will be v long lmao. i'll try to get it down and finished next week or during the weekend bc i have free time now lmao.

i'm also v sorry that updates are coming in slow. i am still busy with my sports training and summer vacation is almost over, so i'm preparing for the next school year #plskms.

19 days left until i go back to hell arghhh.

also i wrote this at the gym bc my training was cancelled earlier and i just sat outside the gym, writing this while waiting for my parents (which took an hour and a half HAHAHAH). i looked so lonely lmao.

ilysm and please help me achieve 100k reads! we're so close 💖