ii. 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐭

(   I CAN DO IT.   )
carl grimes.

warnings:
language (stEVe Is dAt U)

word count:
904

─── • ° *。✧ ───

the grass crunches underneath my boot as i walk through the depths of the forest. my crossbow and the strap of the supply bag were hanging on my shoulder, with carl leading the way in front of me.

carl and i were on our way to find more supplies and food for the group.

we haven't really talked much throughout the journey and mainly it's because we hate each other, but also because we both are tired and just want to get back to alexandria as soon as possible.

i don't know why carl has been a jerk to me. i mean, i haven't done anything wrong from what i can recall. he just started to become an asshole to me one day and it continued on and on up until today.

while walking, a small town comes into view, making us stop in our tracks to take a breath. "well, we finally hit jackpot, didn't we?" i say, trying to lighten the mood, but carl doesn't utter a single word. i sigh frustratedly and walk to the nearby store with him trailing behind me.

once i was in front of the store's main entrance, i place my hand on the door and carefully peek inside to check if there were walkers and sure enough, there were tons inside. i look around to see if there were any supplies and as if someone knew what i was thinking, it was on a shelf behind a pile of rotten humans.

"the place is packed with walkers. there are supplies inside though."

still no reply.

i roll my eyes and begin loading my crossbow with arrows. following suit, carl takes out his gun and started loading it with ammo.

good, at least he's catching along.

"don't you dare utter a single word until i tell you. you hear me?" i aim the tip of my arrow at his neck. he just replies with a quiet 'yeah'. i lower my crossbow and scoff. "it's not like you've been talking to me though," i say before slowly opening the door of the shop.

i peek inside and once there weren't any walkers looking in our direction, carl and i quietly bolt inside. we quickly hide behind a counter before a walker could spot us.

"there's our way of freedom from this piece of shit store." i point to the shelf that was filled with supplies and cans of food just a few meters away from us. "let's just quickly get the supplies and then we're out of here."

before i could stand up, carl places his arm infront of me and snatches the bag from my shoulder. "i'll get it," he says. "what the hell!? no, i'll get it!" he ignores me and stands up to get the supplies before i could protest.  "carl, what the fuck are you doing?! are you trying to get yourself eaten alive?" i try to pull him back down beside me, but he's already approaching the shelf.

he manages to reach to the shelf without attracting any walkers and begins loading the bag with the supplies until a walker appears out of no where and approaches carl. "carl! watch out!" i whisper-shout as the walker grabs his shoulder. he looks back and tries to push it away from him, but the walker grabs his arm.

before the walker could bite him, i launch an arrow to the walker's head, causing it to retract it's teeth away from carl's arm and fall to the ground, dead.

carl quickly gathers up all the supplies and both of us quickly exit the store as quietly as possible.

as we make our way back to alexandria, i could feel my blood boil inside of me and once we step into the woods, i snap.

"what the hell was that back there!? i told you to stay back! were you trying to get yourself killed?!"

he's silent.

"do you hate me that much that you want to get away from me any chance that you get? honestly, i don't know why you hate me. i only hate you because you hate me."

"i don't hate you."

"then why are you such an asshole to me?"

he doesn't reply.

"fucking answer me, you dickhead."

he looks down on the ground. "i couldn't let you do it," he mumbles. "what, so you're my dad now? i can do whatever the fuck i want—"

"i couldn't risk you getting bitten!"

now, i am the one who's silent.

"if you were the one who got the supplies, you would've gotten bitten, like what almost happened to me earlier. it had to be me because if the walker tried to bite you, i can't shoot my gun because it would attract the rest. i knew that one walker would notice us and try to bite either one of us." he sighs, looking at me in the eyes. "i just don't want to lose you."

"b-but i thought you hated me?" i stutter, my heart racing inside of my chest.

i knew that i didn't really hate carl, it was just a misunderstanding between him and me. to be honest, i actually liked him. i didn't try to admit it to him because i thought that his 'hatred' for me overpowered, but boy, was i wrong.

"i don't hate you. i was just being a douche to hide my true feelings for you." he took a step towards me. as he towers over me, he tilts my chin upwards, making my (y/e/c) eyes stare at his blue ones.

"i love you (y/n). i always have."

not wasting a minute, my lips were on his soft ones, moving in sync. my arms wrap around his neck, fingers tangled the ends of his long brown hair and his were on my waist, pulling my body closer to his.

it may sound cheesy and clichè, but it really feels like there were fireworks in the back. i feel alive and vibrant, butterflies erupting in my stomach while we kissed and wanting this moment to last forever.

when we finally pull away, i rest my foreheads against his.

"i love you too, carl."

─── • ° *。✧ ───

wOW that was a roller
coaster of emotions

ANYWAYS, requests
are open! (no personal
imagines sorry)

p. s. there's a black out
and i can't see anything
besides the screen of
my phone hELP

last updated:
april 24, 2020