xix. 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡

( LAST DAY ON EARTH. )
carl grimes.

warnings:
spoilers if you haven't seen
the season 6 finale!

word count:
2794

author's note:
this was requested by
0_oFaNGirLo_0. follow
her bc she's too adorable
and her carl/chandler
imagines are so cute! ❤️
and i changed it up a bit if
you don't mind!
i had the effort to research
some of the lines, i can't
anymore

─── • ° *。✧ ───

"why won't you let me go, carl?!" i asked steam of frustration filling up inside of me as i protested to my boyfriend.

"because i couldn't let you get hurt!"

"i want to help the group and i want to find maggie!" i said, flinging my arms everywhere in frustration. "and you already know that i can take care of myself!"

carl was silent, breathing heavily, and looked hesitant. he let out a sigh and said, "fine, you can go with us." i let out a squeal and hugged his torso, making him chuckle and wrap his arms around me.

"but you have to promise me that you'll stay by my side during the run."

"i'll always be by your side, dummy."

another chuckle was heard from carl as i felt him place a soft kiss on my forehead.

• ° *。✧

the whole trip has been intense and i can't help but feel a bit creeped out because we have been running into a group of men who looked dangerous.

i know that rick can handle this, but the leader of the group of men kept mentioning that rick should be 'extra nice' to the group and that it's our last day on earth.

i walk inside of a room to see maggie clutching her stomach in pain. she looked as pale as snow and her usual motherly comfort is replaced by a weak and numb sensation. glenn was also there, comforting maggie and taking care of her, making sure that everything is okay.

"hello (y/n). how are you, hun?" she asked, her voice soft and raspy, but still smiling sweetly at me. "i should be asking you that." her soft chuckles filled the room as i smiled warmly at her. "is there anything i could do for you?"

"could you please get me some water, hun? my throat's been drier than a sea of desert."

glenn stood up to get it himself, but i reassured him that i could do it. "don't worry, glenn. i got it." he flashed me a smile and a thankful nod before i walked out of the room.

i walked to the back of the rv to find my bag where i had the extra bottle of water inside. i bend over a table to see if my bag was there, but i heard footsteps behind me and i turn around to see carl, his hands on his pockets and leaning against the wall with a smug look on his face.

"you know i love the view that i'm getting right now, but you should hurry a bit since maggie's waiting."

"ha-ha-ha, don't flatter yourself, grimes." i finally see my bag and gripped the handle and pulled it up. i sighed in content and opened my bag.