xxxiv. 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬

(   NIGHTMARES.   )
carl grimes.

warnings:
a bit of violence (killing
a walker) and nightmares
oOoOooOoO (and a swear
word from me in the end)

word count:
841

─── • ° *。✧ ───

darkness. darkness is all that i can see and it was surrounding me, making me feel trapped.

"hello?" i ask out loud but instead of a reply, i feel something grab me forcefully and start to drag me away. i scream, thrashing around and began to fear for my life. i mean, who wouldn't be? it was dark and i am being dragged to another location on which i don't know. a loud ringing sound then echoes in my ears and i try to cover my ears but someone was physically holding me back.

"let me go!" i scream, trying to escape the grip on my arms. i continue to thrash around and kick my legs in an attempt to get the person away from me. they tug me backward, making me fall on my side. i place my hands on the cold ground and i look up when a soft light illuminates the person in front of me.

"carl?" i ask in disbelief as i stand up. what was he doing? where are we? why did he drag me here? "why are we here? where is rick?" he doesn't reply and only stares at me with big, emotionless eyes. "carl, are you okay?" i ask. i bring my hand up to cup his cheek but then he quickly grips his hand around my arm. he squeezes my arm tightly and i wince in pain. "c-carl, please stop. you're hurting me." he continues to stare at me emotionless as he squeezes tighter each second. i start to scream in pain and i try to pry his hand off of me, but his grip is too strong. "c-carl, let me go please," i plead, tears welling up in my eyes.

carl's face suddenly turns into an expression of worry and sadness. "i'm so sorry, (y/n)," he says, his voice cracking. "c-carl? what's going on? why─" before i could finish my sentence, i come face-to-face with a walker version of carl.

he instantly brings my arm to his mouth and bites it. i scream in pain and kick him, making the both of us fall down on the ground. i shriek as his rotten body falls on top of me. he climbs up my body and grips my shoulders, trying to take another bite of me but i managed to hold him back

hot, fast tears stream down my face as i try so hard not to hurt him, even though he's trying to kill me. i feel my hands shaking as he comes close to me. "i'm sorry," i whispered before letting him go. he immediately takes a bite of my face, making me scream out loud in pain. blood starts to pool around my body and my arteries and tissues were visible to my eye when i look down. specks of white start to cloud my vision until all i can see is white as walker carl devours my lifeless body.

• ° *。✧

i scream loudly and bolt straight up, panting. i feel a pair of hands gripping my shoulders and i immediately try to get away as far as possible. "get away from me!"

"hey, hey, hey! it's alright. it's me, (y/n). it's me," the familiar voice of my boyfriend says. he then embraces me in a comforting hug, all my emotions draining out. "shh, it's okay. you're okay." carl rocks our bodies back and forth and gently brushes my hair, knowing it would calm me down. "i'm here, don't worry. i'm always here," he says as he presses multiple kisses to my forehead.

he continues doing this for god knows how many minutes until my cries eventually turned into quiet sobs and into sniffles. carl loosens his embrace on me but still kept his arms around my body. he looked me in the eye and softly kisses my nose. "do you want to talk about it?" i shake my head and he sighs. "it's okay but if you want to talk about it, just tell me, okay?" i nod my head and pressed my ear against his chest, listening to the rapid beat of his heart whilst he placed his chin above my head.

"carl?" i quietly call and he hums. "i'm scared." he senses my uneasiness and strokes my hair. "it's okay. everyone gets scared sometimes, even the strongest ones. you don't have to worry because i'm right here until the end." (IM WITH YOU TIL THE END OF THE LINE oMFg IM SCREAMING)

i pull away from carl and cup his cheeks, looking into his shining blue eyes lovingly. i press my forehead against his and i move my arms to wrap them around his neck and his snaked around your waist.

"please don't leave me."

"never."

i softly press my lips against carls for a short but loving kiss. when we both pull away, carl kisses my cheek, making a small grin appear on my face.

"i love you."

"i love you too."

the next thing i knew, we both fell asleep holding each other close with small smiles on our faces.

─── • ° *。✧ ───

yOOOO iM BAck!!
won't be here for long
tho huhuhu sorry :-((

school has kept me
busy and staying up late
bc of projects and
lessons, so basically my
sleeping schedule is
fucked and always tired
hAH FML

i'm a bit rusty from not
writing imagines for
weeks lmao, i'm used to
writing it down on paper.

BTW i'll be inactive again
this week bc my isw
activities are coming up
and our activities are
tiring asf (news casting,
radio broadcast, event
planning, etc.) and also
because i have two
upcoming performances
for our carol fest (class
performance and choir)
uGH hELp

anddddd cards out are
tomorrow, so PRAY
FOR ME 🙏🏻
#PrayForSkateriggs2016,
get it trending lmao jk

tysm for all the reads
and feedback btw!
some of you guys even
commented that you
guys missed me aweee
ily guys 💕

i promise that i'll be
back soon! ily all 😇

last updated:
july 17, 2020