xiv. 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

(   TERRIBLE THINGS.   )
carl grimes.

warnings:
swearing

word count:
3412

keys:
(y/h/c) – your hair color
(y/f/n) – your full name
(y/e/c) – your eye color

author's note:
this is dedicated to my best
friend who moved away
when we were in sixth grade
and is still continuing to
support me and love me
like a sister from another
mother. imysm and ilysm!!
play 'terrible things' by
mayday parade while reading
this imagine hehe

─── • ° *。✧ ───

[ CARL'S POV. ]

by the time i was your age, i'd give anything.
to fall in love truly was all i could think.

back then, i didn't care about anything besides wanting to fall in love. i was so desperate that once, i even asked and bribed beth to be my girlfriend for a day in the past. it didn't work though.

in the apocalypse, you get lonely. all you see are abandoned streets, buildings, houses and the rotten undead wanting to feed on your flesh. what a wonderful world we live in.

the only people that you see are either from your group or from unexpected places, like the time i met her.

that's when i met your mother, the girl of my dreams.
the most beautiful woman, that i'd ever seen.

she was beautiful.

no, she was gorgeous.

i've never seen a girl like her, mainly because the world went to shit when i was young and i haven't seen a lot of people around my age.

she looked like the most beautiful person in the world to me.

sure, there's michonne, maggie, carol, and sasha who are all beautiful, but i couldn't keep my eyes off of her. plus, she was my age.

she said, 'boy, can i tell you a wonderful thing?
i can't help but notice you're staring at me.
i know i shouldn't say this, but i really believe,
i can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me.'

months after i first met (y/n), she still didn't have any clue that i liked her. although, according to daryl, we both instantly 'hit it off' and our eyes sparkled when we faced each other for the very first time.

i was constantly thinking about confessing to her for weeks, but all plans were abandoned and canceled. i always froze when i was in front of her and i always thought, 'what if she doesn't like me back? what if she doesn't feel the same way? what if she wants us to be just friends?'

"carl?"

i snapped out of my thoughts by the melodic and sweet voice of (y/n).

"yeah?"

"can we talk for a while? i have something to tell you."