lxix. 𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝

( ISOLATED. )
carl grimes.

warnings:
terrible writing bc i kind of had writer's block

word count:
1045

author's note:
this is a carl au and this was inspired by halsey's music video of her song 'new americana' (i love halsey and that's one of my favorite songs by her)

i sigh in relief as i walk through the dark paths of a rainforest. the cloudy sky, the chilly air, the slight moist ground and plants, the quiet sounds of the crickets echoe in my ears as i continue my journey.

when you arrive at a new country, you'd expect yourself to be in the city, going to all of the tourist spots and you wouldn't expect yourself to be in a gloomy rainforest, but i'm not like most people.

i love adventures, being in the outdoors, and i especially love it when i'm somewhere away from modernized culture and am surrounded by nature.

as i continue walking, i realiz that i don't recognize my path anymore. i feel my anxiety levels rise, but i take deep breath and i encourgae myself that everything is fine and that i'm going to be fine. after some time of going back and forth, i become really unaware of my surroundings.

goddamn it, i'm lost! okay, calm yourself down, (y/n). you'll be back soon.

out of the corner of my eye, i catch a glimpse of a shadow moving. i turn towards the direction of the shadow and pick up a long, thick branch from the ground. i hold up the branch defensively, ready to strike on whoever is near. "who's there?! come out whoever you are!"

i wait for a reply, but all i can hear is the sound of the wind. i shrug and sigh.

i must be seeing things.

a snap of a twig from behind and a rustle of a bush catches my attention. i turn around with the branch raised high in defense whilst slowly backing away, afraid that something will jump out and attack me.

not being careful enough, i lose my balance and fall backwards, groaning as i roll down a small hill with leaves, rocks, twigs, and dirt sticking and piercing my body.

once i finally stop rolling, i whine in pain and try to pick myself up, but my body gives up and i fall back to the ground. i try again and i successfully manage to sit up despite the ache and the visible bruises and small cuts on my legs and arms. i somehow manage to stand up and when i brush off the leaves and dirt off my clothes, something comes into view.

i turn to my side and my eyes rack up and down at the tall marble building in front of me. it looks abandoned and old with cracks and holes on the walls and with vines and plants covering the lower part of the building.

this sparks my curiousity and i walk inside, my neck stretching out to look around. the ceiling was high and it was empty inside except for excess marble blocks, more plants, and wooden planks on the ground. it reminds me of the remains of an old church.

while looking around, i feel the exhaustion of my body, making me lean back on a random wall. when i do, the sound of marble against marble fills my ears. i turn around and see that the wall is moving and opening a new passage.

i walk in and i feel chills run down my spine when i do. the other side of the wall is like something out of a horror movie and something i didn't quite expect. i stand in a narrow hallway covered with gray walls, white floors, and absolutely no doors or windows.

"hello? is anyone here?" i shout, but with no answer, except the echoes of my voice.

i walk to my right and move forward until i see a metallic door. i approach towards it and when i was about to grasp the doorknob of the door, a bag was placed over my head.

my screams were muffled by the bag and i try to escape the grip of the person as they drag me backwards into the hallway. i manage to elbow the person on the stomach and their grip finally loosens on me. i take off the bag over my head and i turn backwards to see a masked man clutching his stomach in pain. i lift my knee up and hit him in the groin as hard as possible and he groans, tumbling to the ground.

i quickly run down the hallway to the wall that brought me here. i keep running and running, but i can't find it.

i press myself against the wall, banging my palms and crying to let me out. somehow by miracle, i press a secret button on the wall and it begins to bring me back to the outdoors.

i run as fast as i can, trying to escape the masked man from earlier. i look back and there were aren't any signs of him, but still, i continue to run.

i run to through the crumbling building and before i can place a foot outside, i feel myself trip on a foot and am immediately pinned to the floor from behind. i try to escape, but the person's grip was too strong. i hear the person tisk and chuckling darkly.

"you're fast, but not as fast as me."

i feel a needle insert my arm and i wince in pain as it stings and injects a mysterious liquid, making my eyelids feel heavy.

the world begins to blur as i try to stay awake, but before i fall into unconsciousness, i see a pair of blue eyes hover over me and i hear the words of 'welcome to the sanctuary' being whispered into my ear.

this is so short hsjskdjdjs i'm so sorry! the next chapters will be longer, i promise huhu

i haven't updated bc i have been watching got nonstop and summer is nearing it's end :'( i'm going back to school next week can u believe

i'll try to update more before school starts huhu ily guys

ilysm and i'm so done with school kms