lvi. 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

(   DRUNK IN LOVE.   )
carl grimes.

warnings:
drinking y'alllllll (don't
drink when you're
still underage hdjshd
don't follow in my
footsteps)

word count:
1112

prompt:
"i'm n-not drunk. i only
had a f-few drinks."

author's note:
this was requested by
DinoRiggs and
Kylee_The_Weirdo thank
you for requesting! 🌷

─── • ° *。✧ ───

drinking alcohol really wasn't my thing. i mean, i drink sometimes, especially during special occasions, but not all the time. plus, i'd rather drank wine than beer, vodka, etc.

chandler on the other hand, will drink whenever he can. hr doesn't drink at home, but when we go to parties, he drinks too much and goes home drunk.

currently, chandler and i were on our way to the celebration of finishing the 7th season of the walking dead. on his right hand, he intertwines his fingers with mine while the other is on the steering wheel. as we drive to our destination, i can't help but sigh as i look out the window.

"hey, you okay?" chandler asks, squeezing my hand comfortingly, but i keep my eyes on the surroundings outside the window. "yeah, i'm fine."

"c'mon, i know that you're lying," he says, jokingly scoffing at my obvious white lie. though, i don't answer him. he sighs and pulls my hand towards his lips, kissing my knuckles sweetly.

"don't worry, bub. they'll love you." i look over to him, surprised that he was easily able to distinguish what i'm feeling.

"h-how did you—"

"you're my girlfriend, (y/n). of course, i know when you're feeling scared." i smile at him, softly squeezing his hand as the nervous weight lifts off my shoulders.

once we arrive at the venue, chandler helps me out the car like the gentleman that he is, and guides me to the front door of the house where the party is held in. i sigh and shake my hands, trying to get my mind off of my anxiousness.

don't think about it (y/n). the more you worry, the more it'll turn out bad.

"hey," chandler calls, making me turn my attention towards him. "i love you, okay? whatever they'll think of you, whether they'll like you or not, i will still love you." he wraps his arm around my waist and places a sweet and loving kiss on my forehead, making me smile.

before i can reply, the door opens, revealing the lauren cohan who plays maggie on the show. her eyes light up and flashes us a big smile. "hey chan! i'm so glad that you both can make it," she exclaims as she hugs chandler. when they pull away, she turns to me. "and you must be (y/n). it's so nice to meet you. i've heard so much about you through chandler."

"i hope he only talked about the good things. if not," i say, teasingly glaring at him as he holds his hands up in surrender, making lauren and i laugh.

she holds the door wider and ushers us to enter. "come on in! the others have been waiting to see you both." chandler and i walk in the humble home hand in hand. i feel him squeeze my hand, smiling at me and leans in close to whisper in my ear, "you're doing so well. it hasn't been 5 minutes yet and you made a good impression on lauren." i giggle under my breath and sarcastically say, "i'm just too damn charming." he laughs and rolls his eyes before we hear the voices of his castmates calling for us.

• ° *。✧

it has been hours since chandler and i arrived at the party. after meeting lauren, chandler introduces me to the others who were present at the party. the anxiety from earlier felt irrelevant and like i was overreacting because everyone has been so nice and have welcomed me with open arms.

as expected, chandler has been drinking for hours and is insanely drunk. on the other hand, i'm still sober, a bit tipsy from the wine that i was drinking earlier but nevertheless, sober.

i'm sat in the living room, talking and laughing about random things with the walking dead cast. "by the way, (y/n)," andrew says, catching my attention once my laughter dies down from a joke andrew told beforehand. "i'm pretty sure you've already been told about this earlier, but chandler talks about you all the time. like i mean, all the time." i blush as the others tease me. "definitely. i remember the time that he cried because he terribly missed you," norman comments, laughing out loud until his eyes were filled with tears.

everyone's eyes then direct to whoever entered the room before katelyn says, "speaking of the devil himself," with a smirk. chandler clumsily walks into the room, trying hard to walk straight and to not fall down or trip on the carpet. he sits next to me and lazily drapes his arm on my shoulders.

"(y/n), baby," he prolongs the last syllables of the words, making everyone chuckle. "have i ever told you how beautiful you are?" he wraps his arms around me in a loose hug as everyone erupts in laughter, including me. he loudly shushes the others and places a finger over his lips.

"why are you all laughing? there's nothing funny going on."

"chandler, you're drunk," i say as i peel his arms off of me. "n-no, i'm not! i'm n-not drunk. i only had a f-few drinks." chandler says, a hiccup escaping his lips.

"bub, you chased a stray cat outside and you kept screaming, 'pikachu, i choose you!'"

the others and i burst into laughter at the memory until they're crying and are clutching their stomachs. i wipe the tears that pool at my eyes before helping chandler stand.

"well, i should take chandler home before he further embarrasses himself." i then say my goodbyes to everyone and wish them a goodnight, leaving the party with a drunk chandler in my arms.

despite my best efforts to take care of him, he wakes up on the cold ground with a massive headache the bext day, unaware of the embarrassing incidents that happened the night before.

─── • ° *。✧ ───

this sucked omg haha, i
didn't know how to end
it lmao

i'm sorry for not
updating for 3 days!! i
went back to my work
out schedule, so i'm v
busy and v tired lmao

my body is so soreeee
ugh esp my legs :((( i
can't sit or walk well
kms

i'll try to finish
writing the first
part of my new
story-ish series
within the week hehe

ily all sm and my
body hurts sm 😢

last updated:
january 18, 2021