lxx. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

THE SINGLE LIFE.  )

chandler riggs.

warnings: 
sad bc this is reality??

word count:
3020

keys:
(y/h/c) - your hair color
(y/d/j) - your dream job

author's note:
i got inspired when i saw a picture of a movie called 'how to be single' (??? idk i never saw that movie) and i just love the idea ugh.
chan and the reader are adults in this btw

─── • ° *。✧ ───

I loved him. No, scratch that, I love him, not loved. Even up to this day, I love him with all my heart, but we broke up, you know? He fell out of love for me.

Life can't always give you what you want. Sometimes, it gives you the unexpected and you have to work with it, no matter what.

I've had a lot of boyfriends in the past, but none seemed to work out to the point where I feel like I'm in love with them. I was very close though, but I guess that it wasn't him. So, I thought, 'Maybe I'm not suited for relationships and that I'm going to be single forever," and I stuck with it.

Everyone else around me is happily in a relationship, but I, on the other hand, is living and enjoying the single life.

I raised my glass (SO RAISE UR GLASS IF U ARE WRONG IN ALL THE RIGHT WAYS) and clinked them against my friend's glasses. We all laughed before downing the contents of our glasses in one gulp. The alcohol ran through my veins and I felt more alive every second.

"Congratulations on your engagement, Sophie! We're so excited for you to get married!" One of my friends exclaims.

"Thank you and I'm excited for all of you to be at my wedding," Sophie says then points a finger at me. "Especially you, (Y/N). You always attend someone else's wedding without a date and I hope that this time, you will walk in with someone in your arms."

I laughed and drank some more alcohol. "Sophie, you can't expect me to waltz in with someone linked to me. I'm living the single life!" I say, throwing my hands up in the air whilst the girls laughed.

"Are you kidding, (Y/N)? How can you handle being single for a long time? I can't even handle being single for a long ass time!"

"Well, I try to not overthink relationships, and I, you know, just have fun," I say, downing my glass. They cheered and clinked glasses and downed their glasses along with me.

"To the single life!"

• ° *。✧

Chan's POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone going off. I groaned and sat up, trying to rub the sleep off my eyes.

"Hello?" I say, groggily as I pressed my phone onto my ear. "Uhm, hi? Is this Chandler?" I hear an unfamiliar feminine voice say.