─── • ° *。✧ #𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

(i just made a instagram acc and it's @skateriggs. it will help you guys be updated on when i'll be publishing a new imagine and be updated on my upcoming books! (probably lmao). comment your instagram usernames and i'll accept your follow and follow you back!)

i'm so sorry that this isn't an imagine, but this is so important and i would really appreciate it if you guys will take the time to read this and be aware of what's happening around.

so, i haven't had time to publish this on tuesday or wednesday bc i've been keeping touch with the news around the world, especially here in my country.

alot has been happening worldwide and those are the bombing attacks.

if you guys didn't know, there were attacks in manchester, philippines, bangkok, syria, and now, jakarta.

i'm not updated with the news on bangkok, syria, and jakarta (which supposedly happened today?? i'm not sure), but i do hope that everyone there is safe and i send all my prayers to the victims of the tragedies.

in manchester, there was an ariana grande concert and during the concert, a bomb went off and everyone was in panic and scared. there were parents and fans who died bc of this, which is heartbreaking. concerts are supposed to be a time where people can be happy, be happy to connect with their favorite artists, and be able to enjoy the music and have fun. i'm no ariana fan, but i feel bad for her bc she blamed herself for it.

also, ariana cancelled her tour until june 5 (?) and i saw this tweet that made me so angry. i couldn't find it now, but the person said that 'if ariana cancels her tour, their money couldn't be brought back' and all. i understand that the money that they paid was a waste, but people's lives ended bc of this tragedy that happened at ariana's concert. what's more important? money or people's lives? money is just a material that you can get anytime, but a life is a life, you can only get once and it's something that isn't bought in stores.

for me, the most scariest tragedy that happened is the phillipine isis attack.

the scariest fact is that i live in the philippines and it can also happen to me.

the maute group is linked with the isis and they attacked marawi city, which is in mindanao.
- 2 soldiers and one police officer was killed
- 12 were wounded
- a black flag with the isis logo plastered on it was raised
- people who were imprisoned were set free
- two schools, a hospital, and the jail were torched
- teachers, a priest, and parishoners were sent hostage
- students were stranded
- air strikes were sent to flush out the terrorists
and today, a firefight erupted. more air strikes were sent and 5 soldiers and 2 policemen were killed.

it's scary to think that this is happening in my country. like, it can happen to me anytime and i'm scared.

last month, it was the abu sayaff and now, it's the maute group.

now, i wake up scared that it will happen anytime soon and i'm even scared to go out or leave my house.

not only that but our president, rodrigo duterte cut his trip short and returned back home and he issued martial law on mindanao.

martial law is quite a touchy subject to some filipinos bc this happened in the past with former president ferdinand marcos. it was a time where president marcos controlled the philippines and placed it under the control of the armed forces. it was a time where freedom was lacking in the philippines. some people are in favor of it, while some are against it. some people lost their loved ones bc of martial law and some felt trapped than safe. some people are favor of it bc supposedly, the philippines was improving a lot (an example are my parents). they say that if martial law wasn't implemented or if president marcos wasn't in charge, some buildings wouldn't be built and all.

i personally have mixed feelings about martial law, but i'm leaning more towards the 'against' bc my school had a talk all about martial law and they pointed out all about the wrong doings of martial law.

i checked twitter and '#RejectMartialLaw' was trending nationwide and people were protesting about how they don't want martial law to be issued.

with president duterte's martial law, i am personally in favor of it bc it's for the safety of everyone in mindanao. he's doing it for a good reason, he's not doing it to gain control. why would you reject something if it's for your safety and for a good cause? do you want everyone in mindanao to be in danger?

the news network reported that martial law might be issued to the entire country if the threats continue and i really am fine with it.

president duterte is not president marcos.

but what i really want to say is that everyone should be safe. these tragedies not only cause deaths, but also fear, trauma, and also anxiety. the world is such a cruel place. war will just cause more destruction to the world and if war constantly happens, the world will be destroyed and will possibly cease to exist. i pray for a better world where everyone is enjoying their lives without war, fear, and sadness.

stay safe everyone and please be alert! i'm praying for the lives of everyone and that everyone will make love, not war.

pray for manchester. pray for syria. pray for marawi city. pray for bangkok. pray for jakarta.

pray for the world 🙏🏻