lxxi. 𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 (𝟐)

ISOLATED (2).  )
carl grimes.

warnings: 
swearing and suggestive themes (??)

word count:
1766

author's note:
this is a carl au and this series was inspired by halsey's 'new americana' music video

─── • ° *。✧ ───

darkness.

darkness is all i can see. 

i can still feel and hear my surroundings, but i can't see anything. i can feel the sack covering my face restricting my breathing and i try to move my hands to my head to remove it, but the restrains on my wrists won't let me.

what the fuck?

before i try to get out of my restraints, i feel the sack being removed from my head. i gasp for air as my eyes scan the room. grey walls surround the room, a single light bulb illuminating the middle of the room. 

standing in front of me is a tall and lean boy who has shoulder-length shaggy hair, a fair complexion, and a sheriff hat plastered on top of his head. i notice his blue eyes boring into me like he's inspecting me.

those eyes. i know those eyes. 

they seem so familiar even though i've never seen his face before.

then it clicks. 

he's the one who fought me when i tried to escape. he's the last person who i saw and whispered those words before i blacked out. 

'welcome to the sanctuary.'

"well, i didn't expect someone like you to be into this kind of shit." i smirk. "you could've just asked instead of kidnapping me, you know?" he rolls his eyes and tells me to shut up, making me laugh darkly.

"what the hell do you want, cowboy?" i say, glaring at him. he ignores my question and walks around the chair that i am tied up to, not taking his eyes off of me. 

he stops in front of me and just says, "you don't look capable." i scoff. "capable of what? kicking your ass?" he rolls his eyes. "you're probably the most annoying person we've taken and we've taken thousands of people before."

"well, guess i'm not like the others then." i wink and he grabs a handful of my hair and pulls it back, revealing my neck. 

"let me go, you asshole!" i lift my foot up and kick him in the groin, making him lose his grip on me. he clutches his crotch and bends over in pain as he groans. "fuck. it's not like you missed the first time."

"have to hit jackpot, cowboy." i blow away the strands of hair covering my face as he finally straightens up.

he continues to stare at me and i roll my eyes impatiently, saying, "you know, if you took a fucking picture, it would last long." he's silent and the room fills up with tension as we stare each other down.