chapter twenty three.

I was woken by the buzzing of my phone against the mattress, my eyes flickered open and i just saw a message from Jenny through the blur of waking up. I sat up in lukes bed and unlocked my phone.

*from Jenny*

'Hiya love, you still up for meeting Emma some time soon? Because I've told her all about you these past couple of years and she's very eager to meet you! If you're free today maybe you could come over? Let me know!xx'

I responded to Jenny's text saying I'm up for meeting Emma today, it's not like I have much plans anyway. Once I had gotten out of bed, showered and got ready I headed out the house which was empty anyway because Gina had some things to do today. I followed the directions Jenny had gave me and I ended up at a small house not to far from were I stayed. I slowly walked up to the door and lightly knocked. I was greeted by Jenny, a beaming smile on her face.

"Come in, come in" she said, hugging me.

"How are you?" She then asked.

"I'm fine thanks yourself?"

"I'm good thankyou! My two babies are finally meeting" she beamed.

I laughed slightly and followed her into the living room where a small girl was sat in front of a tv. Her eyes glued to the screen unlike Jenny called her name.

"Emma, come see who this is" she said in a soft 'motherly' voice.

The little girl turned her head slightly and her eyes met mine, she then turned her whole body around and she looked at me, not looking anywhere else but me.

"This is Chelsea" Jenny said, as we both walked towards Emma.

"Hello" I said shyly, kneeling down beside her.

Emma didn't say a word, her eyes were still fixed on me.

"Are you not going to say hello?" Jenny asked.

"Hi" she said, I could tell she was very shy, like myself.

"This is your big sister" Jenny then said, with a huge smile on her face.

It felt rather odd being called a 'big sister' to someone, especially someone I've literally just met. Emma smiled at me, and moved over on her seat so I could sit down next to her. Jenny left the room so we could 'chat'.

"im chelsea" i smiled awkwardly, then regretted saying it because Jenny had already told her.

"i know, my mummy has told me lots about you" she said confidently.

"oh, i see. well maybe you could tell me lots about you?"

"well im 9, i like horses and dolly's" she smiled.

...

Ive been at Jennys house for about two hours now, ive chatted with jenny and emma and im becoming a lot more comfortable with being here. Emma grabbed my hand and we ran through to her bedroom to play dolls. I sat down on the pink carpet and studied my surroundings.

her room was bright pink with a princess bunkbed, she beemed with pride when i noticed her medals for football that hung on her wall.

"you can have this dolly" she said, handing me a barbie.

"okay" i laughed, taking my jumper off.

"are you an angel?" emma questioned.

"what? no?" i asked, confused.

"you must be, mummy told me that only angels have them marks on their arms" she said, not making eye contact with me while she continued to play with her dolls.