chapter twenty two.

Once we had gotten back to the house, luke went to his room to pack his bags. Seeing him pack them hurt, i cant believe they're leaving.

The boys flight was at 6 tomorrow morning and i really wasnt ready.

*the next day//the day the boys leave*

its 3.20am, everyone is up and frantically trying to get things ready for the boys flight. The mood in the house wasnt the best, everyone was down and not in the best of moods. Even though the boys looked upset about leaving, i know they're excited for the oppertunities it will give them.

All three of the boys bags were sat beside the door, waiting to be put into beaus car.
Luke and Jai came out of their room and rummaged through their hand luggage to check they had everything, which they did. Everyone was stood by the door waiting for beau, who was still sorting his bags.
Once he was ready we all piled into the car, Preparing for the 50 minute drive to the airport.

...

We had been driving for about 30 minutes and I was drifting in and out of sleep. My head rested on Lukes shoulder as everyone made quiet conversation.

"Are you excited Luke?" I heard Gina ask from the front seat.

"Yeah" there was uncertainty in his voice.

"You didn't sound very enthusiastic there luke" Jai teased.

"It's just?" Luke sighed.

"Just what?" Jai said, confused.

"I don't want to leave her" he said, lightly playing with my hair.

"I know you will, but I'll look after her" said Gina.

I moved my head slightly to show i was still sort of awake, luke slowly locked our hands together and rested his head ontop of mine. Everyone went silent and i drifed into a heavy sleep.

...

I was woken by someone lightly shaking me, "chelsea, we're here". I sat up and rubbed my eyes, noticing we were at the airport, i felt my heart sink inside my chest. This was all becoming real, it didnt feel like it was actually happening until now.

The boys lifted their cases out of the car and put them on trollys to take them into the airport. We walked through the revolving doors and waited until James and Daniel arrived. Once they had arrived with their parents the boys got rid of there bags at the check in desk and we all sat in a small cafe while we waited for their fight.

"you boys are going to have an amazing time" James' mum smiled.

"yeah, its going to be sick" beau laughed.

"dont hook up with too many girls" Daniels dad joked.

i knew it was a joke yet it still made me feel uneasy, i know luke would never cheat but the thought of girls being with the boys really bothered me, i dont know if its because i wouldnt want them there? or if i wish it was me there.

We sat in that cafe for what felt like forever, i muted out the conversation going on between everyone. I wanted to be happy for the boys, but i couldnt. I know that sounds selfish but its true, i didnt want them to leave but i wanted them to achieve everthing they can. I know theyre gong to live their dreams out there, i just wish they could live their dreams here. At home.

Its nearly 5am and im patiently sat waiting for the boys flight number to be called out, i know its going to be soon and im not mentally prepared for it. The boys stand up from their seats and i begin to panic, they put on their bags and said their goodbyes to their families.

"bye chels" beau said, pulling me in for a tight hug.

"i'll see you soon yeah?" i sniffed, trying to hold in my tears.

"definatly" he half smiled, and kissed the top of my head.

Once i said goodbye to Beau; Jai walked over, his waling slow from being tired.

"bye little one" he sighed.

I hugged Jai tightly and he did the same to me, "i'll facetime you as much as i can" jai said, running his hands through his hair. I nodded and he proceeded over to his mum. James and Daniel both came up to me at the same time, hugging me individually and saying our goodbyes to eachother before all the boys crowded around me and hugged me. Our first ever group hug.

I walked up to Luke, wrapping my arms tightly around him and sobbing into his chest. He held my body close to his, neither one of us said anything. We just stood there in silence, embracing eachother.

" im going to miss you so much you know that right?" i cried.

"i know baby, im going to miss you more han anything" his voice cracked mid-sentence, he slyly tried to wipe the tears from his eyes but then gave up trying to hide it.

'flight 107 to LAX please board at gate 6'

fuck.

Beau and Jai hugged their mum one last time and proceeded to the door that took them to the gates. Luke and i still stood in eachothers arms, not wanting to let go. I luked up and luke, he had his eyes shut and tears streaming down his face.

"you better go" i sniffed.

Luke nodded his head and wiped his eyes, i kissed him passionatly before he turned around and headed for the door. I could feel my heart beating from inside my chest. I turned around to walk over to Gina when i footsteps behind me. I turned around once more to be met by Luke running towards me and hugging me tightly one more time. He lifted me up,spinning me round slightly before kissing me once more.

"i love you chelsea" he said, his eyes red from crying.

"i love you" i replied, wiping the tears from my face.

Luke turned around for the last time and walked through the doors to the gate.

i felt lost, like a part of me wasnt there.

I walked over to Gina who was silently sobbing to herself, she just said goodbye to her boys for god knows how long. So i wiped away my tears and went to help her. I put my arms around her and higged her tightly. "they'll be okay, i promise" i whispered.

We said goodbye to James and Daniels parents and headed home, my head pressed against the car window as we drove in silence. The only sound would be either one of us sighing.

The boys hadn't even been gone for an hour and I already missed them more than ever, I already wanted them back.

~

We've been home for about two hours now and neither of us have spoke much. As soon as we got to the house I climbed into Lukes bed and went to sleep, his scent lingered on his pillow making me miss home more than I already did. I stayed in his bed for the rest of the day, wondering what the boys were doing. It's near enough a 16 hour flight from Australia to Los Angeles, so it's most likely they're still on the plane.

...

It was 9.30pm and I decided to get ready for bed, I quickly jumped in the shower. The hot water washing away my negative thoughts. I looked down at my wrists, which I hadn't properly done in a long time. I stared at the purple scars that remained there and it made me wonder
what if?

I had actually killed myself that night? Would I be happier than I am now? Would anyone care? Would I be with the one person who never gave up on me, my dad?

I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts inside my head which were causing me stress. I took a deep breath and got out the shower, wrapping myself in a towel and walking over to the mirror. I looked at myself for a moment, disappointed with what I saw, I stepped away and got changed.

I went back through to the twins room and climbed up onto lukes bed, snuggling into his duvet. His scent driving me crazy because he wasn't here with me.

After a while I turned the light off and tried to sleep but I couldn't,

because the thoughts have come back,

and luke isn't here to save me this time.