chapter seventeen

I woke up from my restless sleep, lukes arm was resting over my side and his chest close to my back. I didn't want to wake him so in lay there for a few minutes thinking about what the day was going to be like. I turned over so I was facing luke, his eyes shut and his breathing heavy. They say no one is perfect, until you fall in love with them and my god is luke brooks perfect.

His eyes flickered open and met mine, he looked at me for a moment and smiled.

"Hi princess" he said, as I moved closer to him.

"Hey gorgeous" I laughed.

"Big day huh?" Luke sighed, putting his hands behind his head.

I nodded and sat up, stretching and then got out of bed. I walked out the room and slid down the corridor with my socks. I got to the reception and was greeted by smiling nurses.

"Hello Chelsea" one said.

"Hi, um is Kelly here yet?" I smiled back.

"No not yet love, when she is I'll send her through to you"

"Thankyou"

Kelly is the teenage specialist nurse here, and the only one who I've actually became friends with. She listens to me and treats me like a 16 year old girl and not a 5 year old. She told me she'd be in to see if I can go to the funeral today, I need to be checked over before I go but I'm sure she'll let me.

I walked back through to my shared room and flopped down onto my bed.

"Want to go down to the canteen instead of waiting for your food?" Luke asked.

"Yeah okay" I said, standing up and holding my hand out waiting for luke to hold it. He took hold of my hand and we slowly walked down the corridor.
I sat and waited for luke to bring the try of good over, but I wasn't planning on eating it.
My stomach was on knots for later today, the sadness of saying goodbye to my father today hadn't really kicked in yet. I still think of all of this as a dream. Luke sat down across from me with two bowls of cereal and two glasses of water. As he ate I just stared at the bowl and moved my spoon around it.

"Come on chels, it would be better if you ate something?" He said.

I shook my head and took my phone out my pocket, I had a text from amy:

'Hi my gorgeous best friend, I know today is hard and it doesn't seem real but i know you can stay strong for your daddy! He'll be looking down on you right now and smiling at what a beautiful young lady you've turned into. I love you with all my heart xx'

I could feel myself about to cry and I told myself not to over and over but I couldn't stop it. Tears flowed down my cheeks and luke quickly stood up from his chair and picked me up in his arms. I was so tired and wanted to go back to bed but the day had barely even started yet and it's only going to get harder.

We went back to the room and I stared at the ceiling for what felt like forever. Kelly soon came and saw me and told me I was allowed to attend the funeral after I had been checked over. I began getting ready and tipped all the contents of my make up bag onto my bed, displaying the tablets I hadn't been taking for days. Luke stared at the tablets and picked them up, counting them out loud.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8? Why haven't you been taking these?" He asked, his fine rather angry.

"Please luke not now, we can talk about it later" I sighed.

He nodded as a nurse walked in and he hid the tablets in his hands to cover for me.

"2 of these please Chelsea" the nurse smiled.