"Why are we still talking about this?!" she seethes.

"Just answer the question."

"If there was a way, then I would take it. This subject is over." She rolls her eyes before closing them again.

I have to do what I have to do.

I tighten my grip on the recording device.

"Luna, are you a male or a female?"

She looks at me strangely. "Are you high or something?"

"I'm not on drugs... answer me!"

I hit the record button.

"I am a female."

I hit the button again, so it stops recording.

I did it.

"Why did you ask?" She questions.

"I-I don't know." I rub the back of my neck.

I glance at our hallway mirror and notice my eyes are shimmering with tears.

I attempt to blink them away and approach the bed, reaching my fingers out for her. I want... to feel her.

She looks concerned. "Are you mentally... straight?"

"You know the answer to that." I hoist myself up on the bed and attempt one of her smirks.

She crosses her arms, all while laying down. "Idiot." A smile is fighting to show on her face.

If I could make her smile one last time...

I feel strange as I stare at her, laying down in that see-through dress, looking up at me with an innocent yet entrancing expression.

If I could, I'd rock her world.

Oh. The jacket.

Partially to tease her, I slowly lift the jacket up and stretch it up over my head, rolling my body as it slips off.

I look at Luna as she licks her lip and tries not to stare.

My vision darkens. "S-Sure you don't want this wife material?"

What am I saying? It's so embarrassing!

Her eyes flicker away. "Yes, I'm sure."

I tried. *cringe*

"Anyway, here's your jacket back. Thanks." I try to smile as I fold up the jacket.

She frowns. "Something's wrong?"

Just then, Alex bursts the door open, rolling a blue suitcase behind her. "Chop chop! We need to leave, Summer. Your mother is waiting."

I forgot to mention. Alex is now working for Ms. Montague. She's coming with us.

Luna looks at me. "Where..."

"Um... I'm leaving. I might not see you again."

I don't look at her as I get off the bed and slip on my shoes.

"Why?" She quietly asks.

"Because," I stand up and advance toward the door. I then continue, "For you it's a good thing."

Luna sits up a little, looking disheveled. "What the hell do you mean?"

I rest my hand along the edge of the door.

"We aren't getting married anymore."

I collect enough bravery to glance up at her.

Her eyes display everything I've wanted to know, and the vulnerability wrenches at my chest.

"Ok." She shuts her eyes, but forcefully this time, taking a collective breath.

I want to apologize to her.

Tell her that I misunderstood a little.

But instead, a mild venom rises in my throat as I back out of the room.

"How lucky you are." 

Leaving shoots a bullet through my heart, but I shut the door.

"Let's get moving, Alex."

~~~~~~~~~❦~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: 😞

P.S. Are there any extra chapters you would like to read? (Ex. Character Interviews, Side Character Stories, etc.)