Chapter 37 - You Will Live

Yes!! I managed to write this somehow!

Here's a shorter chapter than last time and maybe emotional..? I felt so sad while writing this 😢😢 but it worked out!

AND OMG THANK YOU FOR OVER 90K READS AND OVER 5K VOTES!?!?! WTF!?!? I CAN'T WAIT TO REACH THE ONE HUNDO 😆😆

CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING THIS SO MUCH! I'M SO SO SO HAPPY FOR THIS!!

PLEASE ENJOY!! ❤❤❤
______________________________________

"..What.."

My jaw drops while Katsuki's lips hung apart.

"How...?" I dumbfoundedly question, expecting no reasonable answer as we both stare at the Nomu, growing up from the ground like a tree.

"..That goddamn..motherfucker! How are you still fucking alive!!! FUCK YOU!!" Katsuki screams at the Nomu, of course, it wasn't paying any attention to us. It was still busy getting itself prepared for round two of this fight.

I noticed while the Nomu was getting up, its eyes were closed. So, at least my effort into blinding him worked like how I wanted.

I looked over at Katsuki with worried eyes but he didn't look back at me.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to say but I knew none of us currently had the power to defeat him for the second time, or if we even are able to this time.

"Katsuki.." Was the only thing that escaped from my lips, but he didn't care about my calling.

Immediately, the ash blonde attempted to push himself from the ground, his left leg limped. When he tried to walk a step forward, he easily fell to the ground.

I didn't move from where I was sitting, I watched him in shock and didn't even care to lend him a hand.

"..Shit," Katsuki muttered to himself.

I took this moment before the Nomu would make its way for us, to think about the situation we both are currently in.

Katsuki can't even walk, so he has no chances of winning. Not to mention, his quirk is currently not active even if he tried to bring it back. It will probably take him a day until it comes back.

Who am I kidding...He will die. It's as simple as that.

But for me...I can still walk, I still haven't used up my quirk yet as I would realize that my blades are fine. Damaged and the sharpness might be gone, but still in working conditions.

If I try one more time, maybe I can do something. Maybe...I can make him unconscious again for enough time until Katsuki is able to get help.

But...I won't be able to help him anymore if I consider this.

I would...Well, I would definitely be unconscious, but who knows..if I do this to just save Katsuki, I could die from trying.

Do I care for him this much that I would give up my life for it, possibly?

Maybe. I do. I mean, there isn't anyone in this world that I know of that cares too much about me to care for my existence right now, and there isn't anyone I care enough about than the boy standing only a meter in front of me.

As depressing as that sounds. I would rather die to try to protect someone that taught me a hell lot about life in general and what it means to be a hero. I, of course, shared some knowledge as well.

Honestly, why the heck not die from someone you love? Even though he might not feel the same way.

But, I mean, he is definitely more wanted alive from many people than the two of us compare.