Why would you

~3:00am~

I woke up during my sleep because of a bad dream I had. I opened my eyes slowly but remained silent and didn't move.

But suddenly the mattress began to shift and I felt how Jimin got up. My back was facing him so he clearly didn't know that I was awake.

Maybe he was just moving around while he was sleeping. I thought. But I was proven wrong the next second when I felt him getting up from our bed and walking out of the room.

I slightly peeked over my shoulder just to see that I was right. He had left.

I still wasn't sure what he was doing at the moment and whether it had to do with yesterday's phone call or not. But I had to find out, I thought to myself.

He might as well just drink something in the kitchen, who knows.

I tried to slowly get off the bed, my foot was about to touch the floor when I heard the front door close.

What?

Not caring about anything anymore I sprinted out the bedroom and towards the front door.
The lights were off so I was obvious that no one entered but exited the door.

I walked up to the window but hid myself behind the curtain while staring outside.

I saw Jimin walking to his car and talking with someone on the phone once again.

What is going on I asked myself as I felt slightly betrayed by his actions.

Should I follow him? These thoughts repeated itself in my mind over and over again. But I couldn't just leave Jae like that.

What if he'd wake up?

I bit my lips in frustration as I saw Jimins car driving down the road and fading in the distance.

I stepped back, not wanting to realize what just happened.

And without me noticing a tear ran down my cheek..leaving me speechless.

Why do I cry? I thought. Why do I feel so hurt?

Jimin didn't do anything bad yet.

So why do I feel like this already?

During the days I spent with him and Jae I forgot to ask myself the most important question.

Can he be trusted?

After a while I came back to my senses, wiped my tears away and sighed heavily.

                                          -

I had been calling him for the past ten minutes repeatedly, until he finally answered my call.

"What the hell Min-yeon? What is it? It's 3am!" He scolded me.

"I know Jin, but I need you to stay with Jae for a while. I beg you!" I said, sounding extremely desperate.

"What?" It seemed like Jin was fully awake now. And I got his entire attention.
"I need to take care of something urgent, please Jin."

"What's Happening? Where's Jimin?"

"I don't know, that's why I need you here. Please!"

"Alright, alright." He calmed himself . "I'm on my way." He told me before he hung up.

While I waited for Jin to arrive, went to my bedroom, changed my clothes, took my car keys and just hoped that Jimin wouldn't be doing something stupid.

I sunk onto the king sized bed gripping my head in my hands. I felt confused and scared, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't put my emotions in words.

After a while I took my phone out and admired the wallpaper it had. It was Jimin holding Jae in his arms, while both of them were sleeping soundly.

I stroked my finger over the display, feeling scared of what's to come.

But I was sick of all these secrets. I wanted clarity. I know I wouldn't be strong enough to live a life full of secrets and lies.

A knock on the door echoed through the house as I got up and left to open the door for Jin.

"Hey, are you okay?????" Were the first words that left his mouth.

I nodded my head at him while taking his hands off my cheeks, since he couldn't help but be very overprotective.

But he once again cupped my face in his hands, looking deep into my eyes, saying:
"Are you sure?"

No. I'm not. I'm feeling lost. And I don't want to be hurt by the person I love the most, but you know, he's not sincere. He lies. He lies and he knows it. I just don't want him to do the things that would tear us apart. Cause that would break me. More than anything in this entire world. And I know I wouldn't be able to retire from this heartbreak so please. Please just let me hold you, let me cry on your shoulder, let me calm down and help me to forget. Please..

"I'm fine Jin" I nodded my head and smiled at him.  "But I gotta go now."

"Where to?" He asked as he raised his left eyebrow.

Honestly, I don't know.

"Just trust me Jin. And please take car of Jae."

I waved my hand at him before I rushed towards my car.

As soon as I got inside and turned the engine on I rested my head on the steering wheel.

What am I actually doing here. I have absolutely no idea where Jimin is right now. But I can't just sit inside doing nothing.

But is that the right thing to do?

I sat back in an upright position when I began to drive towards nowhere.

I've been driving for some time now. Without really knowing where to. But was brought back to reality when I heard and saw tons of police cars driving towards one direction.

It didn't really matter to me, maybe it was just a coincidence.

But there was something. Something that made me feel extremely uncomfortable and nervous. Please don't tell me Jimin is involved with that. I beg you god. Please.

Without hesitation I began to accelerate the car engine, following the police cars.

As soon as we arrived at the crime scene. My heart began to stop in its tracks.

JIMIN?!