A wish

"Mommy!" Jae giggled as he kept on running around the kitchen.

"What is it honey?"

"Where's....uhm.." He stopped when he didn't know how to continue his sentence.

I stopped cooking and turned around to face Jae who was struggling to find the right words.

"Daddy?" I lifted a brow at him trying to find out if he looked for that word.

"But mommy....if he's my dad where had he been this entire time?" Jae asked unsure.

I turned back to cooking as I thought of a way to explain it to him.

"We lost contact.."

"Like I lose my toys??" He asked me.

"What?"

"When I lose my toys, they're also gone for a while!"

"For a while?" I took out a plate and put some food on it.

"Yes! I always end up finding them again!" He giggled happily. I smiled at the sight of seeing him like that.

I turned around and placed the plates with food on the table. Jae rushed to a chair and was about to dig in, before I stopped him.

"Let's wait for daddy, shall we?"

He hesitated at first but nodded his head in excitement, adding: "Alright!"

"Mommy?" He asked as I was still busy setting the table.

"Yes?" I answered Jae.

"Did you find daddy again, just like I find my toys again?"

I chuckled at his attempt to ask such a difficult question as I shook my head. "Let's say, he found me again."

"Really?!" Jae exclaimed.

"Yeah why?"

"That's so cool! Isn't it."

"Kinda" I laughed as he began to talk about his usual day again.

I was done setting the table when I suddenly heard the doorbell ring.
Jae gasped. "That's daddy." He whispered.

"You think so?"

"Yes!"

"Then what are you waiting for?" I said as he started to sprint towards the door.
I followed him and saw the one and only Park Jimin entering.

"Daddy!"

"Hey buddy" Jimin smiled as soon as he saw Jae jumping around in excitement. He lifted him up before he closed the door and made his way towards me.

"Welcome back." I said when Jimin pecked my lips.

"EW!" Jae screamed and covered his eyes with his hands.

We both chuckled before Jimin asked "mhh what is that smell?"

"Mommy cooked!" He then added, "but I helped her!"

"Alright." He chuckled in between. "Shall we eat?" Jimin asked. "Of course!" Jae nodded his head. And within seconds both boys were sitting on the table munching on enormous amount of food.

"Swallow before you put the next thing inside your mouth." I scolded Jae, who stared back at me with an innocent look on his face.

"What about him!" The furious little boy pointed at his father who sat right next to me.

"Jimin..." I shook my head as I wiped the corner of his mouth with my thumb.

"What?"
He smiled cheekily.

I let out a small sigh and went back to eating, but was taken aback as I felt someones hand on my thigh.

"Answer me, princess." He whispered while he got closer, his forehead almost touching mine.

"Jimin..Jae" I gulped when I looked back at the little one, whose eyes were wide open.

Jimin smirked as he pecked my cheek.

Jae got up within seconds, running towards us and hitting Jimin with his tiny hands.

"That's my mommy!" He repeated with every hit.

"But I'm her daddy." Jimin said innocently.

And both Jae and I looked at him in utter shock.

"Jimin what the hell!" I hit him on his chest. Right before Jae began to attack him again.

"You crazy people.!" Jimin exclaimed as he run from us.

"Yah!"

He kept on running until he threw himself on the couch, dragging me on top of him as he pulled my arm and Jae, who also laid and top of him.

All three of us were laughing as the day slowly began to end.

"Mommy look! The stars!" Jae exclaimed in amazement. As he sat on his bed which was right next to a window.

"It's beautiful, isn't it" A voice behind me said and suddenly I felt two arms around my waist and a head which rested on my shoulder.

"Yes it i- Oh! a shooting star!!"
Jae stood on his bed and leaned closer to the window, examining the night sky.

"Make a wish!" Jimin laughed as the little boy in front of us closed his eyes.

He opened his eyes again staring at both of us.
"What did you wish for?" He walked up to us and signaled Jimin to lift him up.

"So?" I smiled to him as he was between me and Jimin.

"I wished for us to be forever together. Like a real family!"