Stiches

I woke up feeling extremely sick and lonely. Normally a little loud squealing bug would jump around my bed to wake me up.

But today? I was left alone in this cold and quiet room....

I rubbed my puffy and swollen eyes before heading to the bathroom to wash myself.

I took some clothes I had left over at Jins place one day.

And right as I was about to finish changing, someone knocked on the door. I hurriedly put my black top on and allowed, whoever knocked, to enter.

"Hey..your dad wants to talk to you.."
Jin sighed.

The reason why he said 'your dad' is because Jin and I may have the same mother but not the same father. Before my mom married my dad and had been pregnant with me, she was engaged to Jins father. Sadly he died in a car accident, leaving Jin and my mum all alone.
That may also explain why my last name is 'Lee' and his 'Kim'. But never mind, even tho he's not my real brother I wouldn't ever want to miss out on him. He's like the most precious human being in this world.

I took the phone from his hands before placing it on my ear. I looked at him with the 'did you tell him' look and he slightly shook his head. A relieved sigh escaped my mouth as I began the conversation with my dad.

It wasn't anything important he just wanted to check on me since Jin told him that I stood at his place now and slightly confused him. But I played it cool acting as if nothing had happened, only not to worry him.

After ending the phone call, I made my way towards the kitchen where Jin was placing plates full of delicious food on the table.

"Are you hungry?"
He asked.

I shook my head.
"Sorry but I can't right now."
I said as I walked over to the front door whilst putting my jacket on.

"Where are you going?"
Jin hurried in front of me to prevent me from leaving.

"Back home."

"Min-yeon look, you can't just go like that, what if things get out of control and-"
I cut him off right before he could end his sentence.

"I'm just going to grab my stuff. And I'll come back for Jae another time. I'm not leaving without a plan don't worry."
I said, hoping he'd believe me. But to be honest there was no actual plan on my mind nor did I really know what I was doing.

I just knew for sure that I had to get my stuff like my clothes, phone, keys, money I hid under the mattress and our passports. Exactly, our passports.

Cause as soon as I'd have everything I wanted, I would sneak back inside some days later and get Jae, to leave this hell of a country with him forever. He didn't deserve this.

-

I stepped out of Jins car, since he intended to at least drive me to my destination.

Everything looked normal, like nothing had ever happened around here. Like no crazy psycho would be living inside this house, separating me from my son.

I gathered all my strength and rang the doorbell several times. Before I could here footsteps approaching.

And then he opened the door.

His eyes widened at the sight of me as he suddenly began to smile brightly.

What the fuck?