"Alex is my competitor. How stupid can you be? To think that's a good idea to let him screw you like that. He's a worthless piece of crap. He doesn't want you. You're just another one of his playthings." My mouth twists into a hard line

I open my mouth to say something as I'm trying to calm the rage boiling inside my blood. I want to yell back at him. I want to give him my resignation letter. Instead, I shut my eyes, counting to three, before walking to the elevator.

You know what? Enough is enough. I won't let this man talk to me in any way like I'm his slave. I'm his employee. He can either fire me or shut his mouth.

I walk over to him. My heels made the floor cry. Everyone's eyes begging me not to be stupid.

"You know what, I'm tired of you disrespected me. You're my boss, not my father. Even my father doesn't talk to me like you do. Nobody ever did. And I'm talking about people who know me. Not one who pays me to do a job. You don't know me, so stop calling me name." I shout back at him.

The mumure overtaken my hearing. The gasp of people in the lobby grew louder. He'll fire me today. I know that for a fact. So, why not continue?

I look at him, who tries to open his mouth to say something. But, I hold my pointing finger at his face.

"And I don't know why my business so overtakes you. I am not worried if a man like Alex used me as his play toy. He's nice, he respects other people. He doesn't overlook people who don't have money like him, and he surely knows the difference between knowing someone professionally and personally. You, on the other hand, don't have the slightest idea. And if I'm suck, incompetent just like you said, why don't you fire me?" I hold his glare for a moment before walking to the elevator.

My whole existence is trembling, trembling at the fear of losing my job and the heat coming through my body.

I am mad. I'm sad. I'm happy to give him peace of mind finally. I'm also worried about getting fired and being unable to find another job.

The last time, I had a sign that said don't hire on my forehead. What if it happens one more time? I shouldn't yell at him in front of everyone.

God, I can't lose this job. I promised myself I wouldn't raise my voice at him. He's my best option for getting the money for my father's surgery.

Perhaps I was ungrateful. He hired me after I told him I didn't want his job. When nobody wanted to hire me, he did. Even after, I had the worst attitude on the planet.

He just brings out the worst in me. Rage, hatred, and desire I didn't know I had. He brings them to my consciousness. And it scares me.

After pacing back and forth in my office for thirty minutes, I walk to his office holding the computer and the resignation letter. No, this letter was already typed. I typed this letter on my second day on this job. I knew I wouldn't last a year.

He's sitting behind his desk, focusing on the computer screen. I knock before he permits me to enter.

I enter. Once I get in the middle of the room. I stop. I stare at my feet for a moment. I'm embarrassed to even look at him.

After a minute of planting there, I hear him inhale. And stop typing.

"Do you need something, Miss Laurent?" He asks in his normal voice before he continues typing.

I clear my throat. Not knowing what to say, I steal a glance at him under my eyelashes.

I walk next to him, "I just want to apologize..."

"For what?" He chuckles. Interrupting the end of my phrase.

Confused, I placed the resignation letter behind my back. It looks like I have nothing to worry about.

"For yelling at you," I say.

"I yelled at you. You don't see me apologize. Like you said, if I have something against your competency, I shouldn't talk to you about it. I should fire you. So don't worry about it. And now, if you're done. Be a good employee and fetch me a cup of coffee." He says.

That's it. He's not firing me. I don't know. I think I should be happy, right? But I don't. I don't even have the slightest happiness in my heart right now.

I worry. I am confused. I am disappointed. I don't know.

It feels like my life is already ruined, and I can do nothing about it.

It feels like I just signed my death wish. Afraid, I walk out his office.

Ohhh, you're in so much trouble, Miss Laurent. Only God wil be able to help.

Tell me what y'all think in the comment below.

Don't forget to VSAC.

Vote, Share and Comment.