Ch. 31- Once and For All

"Every step she took created a wildfire. The only way she knew how to put it out, was to fill the clouds with blood and make it rain. - black skies only know how to bleed." - k.s

**

The first thing I saw was my friends and brother staring at me as if they saw a ghost. I narrowed my eyes and I wondered what was wrong with them. I sat up from where I was lying and glanced at everyone who didn't say anything to me. The room was silent for a long time until the first person to speak was Jasper. "How are you feeling?" he asked while his eyebrows clenched together. 

He sat with his legs crossed on the floor beside me and Sebastian was right next to him but he didn't say a word to me. "I feel like I was just brought back from the dead." I told him without hesitation. Truth was, I had no idea what I was feeling. It's as if there is some new power inside of me that was not there before. 

I stood up suddenly because I was tired of sitting on the uncomfortable floor and I watched as the rest did the same. Just then, Ellie walked toward me and put her arms around me and it took me by surprise. "I'm glad you're okay." she cried as her whole face dug into my hair. 

We pulled apart while I gave her a small smile. I had to show her, show everyone, that I am fine. That there is something that is itching to get out of me. I just woke up from the dead and I couldn't get what I saw out of my mind. I had no idea where I was earlier but all I knew was that Segovia was there and every time I see her, in my nightmare and when I'm awake, there is a darkness that surrounds me. 

I looked around me and the only ones that were in the castle were us. I turned my face into a frown because there were always other people here, but nobody else was here. There was silence in the room and it gave me chills at how quiet it is. But I pushed that feeling down while I glanced at Christian who was beside Grace with his hands in his pocket. I wanted to talk to him, no I had to because of the guilt of that was eating me alive. 

I was the one that killed his friend and I had to talk to him alone. I couldn't think of anything else but apologize to him for what I did. Everyone else had their eyes on me like I was about to use my new powers on them. They looked as though they were terrified of me and my abilities. 

I had no idea how I could even use them, but I think that's why Jasper is here. So he can teach me how to use it correctly. I walked over to Christian and stood in front of him while I crossed my arms over my chest. Everyone followed me with their eyes and I wanted more than anything to stop staring at me. It was making my heat in my cheeks boil. "Can we talk?" I questioned. I turned my head and darted my eyes to the others. "Alone." I asked the rest.  

They all realized that I wanted to talk to Christian so they finally stopped staring at me and started to walk out of the room. Ellie, Grace, and my brother disappeared from sight while Sebastian was the last one out of the room we were in. He turned around and gave Christian a slight nod before walking out of the room. 

I ignored what Sebastian just did as I glanced at Christian who I noticed did not want to be talking to me. But I had to because, after all that we are going through, he has to know that I am sorry for my actions that night. 

He let out a deep breath while he avoided my gaze. "What did you want to talk to me about?" Christian asked annoyingly. 

"To tell you that I'm sorry, okay? I never wanted to hurt you." I confessed. I looked down at the ground while I waited for him to respond but he just let out a chuckle which made me look back at him in confusion. 

"You can't just apologize to make it all better, Elora." he admitted while he finally looked at me in the eye.  "She was an innocent human and you killed her." he barked.