Ch. 37- The Final Fight

"I will be wild. I will be brutal. I will encircle you and conquer you. I will be more powerful than your boats and your swords and your bloodlust. I will be inevitable." - Rachel Swirsky 

**

The rain was still pouring and I looked in front of me to find that Agnes was standing with her arms over crossed over her chest. She seemed to be watching the battle that was taking place like she was waiting for me to fight her. Agnes smiled at me devilishly which made the blood in my body boil at the sight. I gripped the sword in my hand as hard as I could while I was walking toward her with the urge to kill in my eyes. 

I couldn't hear anything around me but the sound of my pulse beating rapidly. She was the woman that destroyed everything for me and I will do whatever it takes to have my revenge on her. Even if it means that I die. I couldn't think of anything else besides the image of her beating heart in my hand. I have waited a long time for this and now I finally get the chance to murder her. 

I stopped walking as I stood a foot away from her and I waited for her to say something because she somehow always does. Agnes tilted her head as she dropped her smile and looked at me with a disgusted look which didn't faze me at all. "So you really think that you can kill me?" she questioned as she placed her hands behind her back. "Guess what sweetheart, you can't." she assured me. I furrowed my eyebrows together in a frown while she started walking around me in a circle. 

"Doesn't hurt to try." I told her while I turned around to face her as she was behind me. Agnes chuckled for a second and I waited for her to respond but it took her a minute for her to speak again. 

"Why can't you just accept the fact that I am going to kill you? Or are you that stupid?" she threatened as she raised an eyebrow. I pursed my lips together as I felt my knuckles grow white from my grip on my weapon. I was ready to fight her but she insists on talking. 

I tilted my head to try to act like I wasn't about to go savage on her. "You must be the one that is stupid if you think that I am not more powerful than you. I mean, you are just a queen of the witches. And me, well, I am both a vampire and a fae so who is the one that is going to lose?" I asked sarcastically. 

"You may be a half breed but don't underestimate my power. I am way older than you and stronger." she said as she raised her voice. I was done talking to her because all I wanted was her head on a stick. I suddenly dropped the weapon that was in my hand on the ground and I watched as she looked at me in confusion. She arched her eyebrow as she glanced at the sword and then back at me. "What are you doing?" she asked in a low voice. If I was going to fight her then I have to use my fae powers. 

"What does it look like?" I questioned her. I noticed as she stared at me like didn't know what I was doing. I looked down at my hands as I noticed that they were shaking uncontrollably. Jasper told me that when I wanted to use my powers, I had to channel all the anger and pain into my hands until there is nothing left so that's what I did. 

The grief that I went through when my parents died and the anger that I feel right at this very moment when I am standing in front of the woman that is the reason why I feel this way. That was all transferred to my hands and I saw as it got bigger than I have seen before and I looked back at her to see that she didn't seem afraid. I took a deep breath as I let all the damage to my life into both of my small hands. I used all my strength that I had left to push the blue energy ball towards her as it went flying in her direction. 

I watched as it was about to hit her in the face but it didn't as she moved her body away from it in a second. She turned to me suddenly and she laughed at how I used my powers to hit her. "Wow is that all you can do?" she commented as she dropped her smile. I put my arms down as I felt like my hands were about to fall off from the cold and I clenched my jaw. There was no way that Agnes was going to get to me.