Ch. 9-Masquerade(Part 2)

"I am a writer. The characters I create aren't me. They are a part of me. They are the part of me who is the adventurer, the romantic, the warrior, the princess, the hero, the villain, the freak, the friend. They are the parts I hide. The parts I wish to be. The parts I have been and the parts I will be. Every story is based on a truth. Your truth."

**

I could feel his warm hands in mine, electrifying my whole body with a single touch. I couldn't figure him out, why he is sweet to me one minute and secretive the next. I only met Sebastian a week ago but he made me feel things. I wasn't sure whether it was the vampire thing clouding my judgment or if it was a very real attraction towards him. I just had to get to know him better if I was to tell if it was real or not. 

We walked back to the party and saw other people that I didn't recognize drinking glasses full of blood and having a conversation. I noticed that Sebastian dropped my hand so he can pick up two glasses of red and handed one to me. He smirked at me and took a sip of the drink and I did the same. I heard dance music come from every direction and I finally saw Ellie and Grace. They were laughing and were holding a glass of crimson. But who I didn't see was Christian. Where was he? 

"Where's Christian? I mean isn't this his party?" I asked Sebastian finally. 

His smile dropped and looked around the room. "He should be here soon." he said vaguely. I nodded my head and took another sip of the blood. In a moment the music turned soft and the other vampires walked on the dance floors and started to dance slowly. I noticed that Sebastian set his glass down and took out his hand so I could give him my hand. 

"One last dance darling and I will get out of your hair." he said with a grin on his face. 

I rolled my eyes and put my hand in his. Why did I agree to be his date? I set my glass down and he gestured me toward the dance floor where everybody else was dancing. He pulled me close to the point that our faces were almost touching and I felt his warm hands on my waist. It was like electroshock go through my back with his hands on me. He put his other hand in mine and I gently put my hand on his shoulder as we started moving our bodies to the music. 

"So, Sebastian, how's life as royalty." I asked.

"Not as glamorous as you may think. It's mostly paperwork and meetings." he admitted. 

"That doesn't sound like much fun. I would expect parties like this every day." I said as I looked around the room. 

"Trust me, ever since war broke out with the witches, we haven't had a chance to throw any kind of parties." he said in a husky tone. 

"So when was the last time you guys threw a party?" I asked. Sebastian put his head up to try and think of the party he held last. 

"I think it's been maybe 200 hundred years ago." he confessed. I dropped my mouth open because I didn't realize how old he was. 

"How old are you exactly." I asked with a questioning look.

"Wow, you're full of questions tonight. I'm 524 years old, Elora." he confessed as we were still dancing slowly. I widened my eyes as I looked at him with surprise. I didn't know what to say because I was in shock. 

"What!" I raised my voice in question. 

He chuckled and he formed a smirk on his lips. "You seem very surprised. Did you really think I was born twenty years ago?" he asked sarcastically. 

I scoffed and looked in the other direction. Why did he have to be such an ass sometimes? I let go of his hand to walk away from him because I was done dancing with him and in a moment Sebastian grabbed my hand tightly and spun me around to face him. I was breathing heavily because I was shocked by his actions and we were now inches apart. I turned back to him and he looked at me with intensity in his eyes. I could see his ebony colored eyes through his mask and a shiver went through my spine. He smirked and put his hand on my cheek.