Ch. 20- Imprisoned

"I'll tell you a secret, something they don't teach you in your temple. The gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal. Because any moment could be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now, and we will never be here again."

**

I opened my eyes slowly as I felt my head lying on a cold floor. I grimaced and rubbed my head as I tried to focus on my surroundings around me. I sat up from where I was lying and I turned my head to see that the wall was covered in blood. Thoughts were hammering in my head and my heart started to beat quicker as I remembered what happened to me. I peered my eyes as I saw in front of me was thick bars holding me in this room.

Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice from the other side of my room and I turned my head to see him. But I realized that there was another set of bars keeping us apart. As I saw his face, relief went through my whole body and I frantically ran to put my hands on the cold bars.

"Elora, are you okay?" Sebastian asked as he was standing on the other side of the bars while he placed his hands on the bars. I looked into his eyes and saw that he had a worried expression on his face. At the corner of my eye, I noticed that the only light in the whole room was the sunlight outside, which made realize that it was daytime.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I whispered as I gave him a reassuring smile. I looked down and saw that my legs were filled with dirt and the dress I was wearing was wrinkled and was torn in places. My feet were in pain because I was still wearing stilettos that I borrowed from Ellie. "Are you okay?" I asked him in a low voice. I noticed that he still had on his dress shirt that was filled with blood as his sleeves were rolled up. Leave it up to him to look gorgeous even when we are locked up in what looks like a dungeon.

"I'm alright, darling," he told me as he let out a slight chuckle and bowed his head for a moment before glancing up at me again. "This isn't the first time I have been kidnapped by them." he admitted. I narrowed my eyebrows together as he told me this because I have to know everything about him. Every day, he tells me a little bit more about himself, whether it's good or not and I think he expects me to run away from him.

I can tell that he pushes me away, maybe because I think he is terrified of being hurt again. I can see it in his eyes, the way he looks at me when he thinks I'm not looking. Yes, he is a monster that turned me into something that I never wanted to become, but he also secrets. Secrets that no matter how many times I try to convince me to tell me, I know he won't.

I crossed my arms and gave him a frown. "When were you going to tell me that?" I questioned him in a low voice.

"Were literally being held again our will, and that's what you're worried about?" he said sarcastically as let go of the bars that we holding and waved his hands in the air. I let go of the cold bars that were keeping us apart and turned the other way to avoid his gaze. I ran my fingers through my hair for a moment before looking back at him.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what to say. I'm just scared okay." I told him as I let out a sigh. I saw as he gave me a sympathetic expression as he crossed his arms.

"I know, Elora. We'll find a way to get out of here, I promise." he told me. I nodded my head slightly as I let out a breath and sat down on the floor next to the bars that kept me and Sebastian from touching. I couldn't take the pain in my feet any longer, so I slowly took off the shoes that I was dancing in earlier. As they were now off, I let out another sigh of relief because my feet were now free.

I noticed that Sebastian sat down on the other side of the room as he leaned his head down on the wall and closed his eyes. I gently placed my heels next to me and slowly leaned my head against the wall and looked up at the ceiling for a moment. I noticed the way it had cracks in them which made me think that where we were at was old. Much like Sebastian. I glanced beside me and saw what was claw marks on the wall, which made me shiver upon looking at it.