Ch. 3- The Longest Day

"She had literature inside her heart that she couldn't sometimes write."- chloe

**

I woke up from my sleep screaming in pain. My skin felt like it was burning from the inside as the pain was too agonizing to focus on anything else. It felt as if I was going to hell and back. The golden rays glided every inch of my bedroom as my skin was getting blisters every second. Every ounce of my body screamed to hide in the darkness but I couldn't. I knew if I didn't get out of the sun, then I would die. 

With my vampire speed, I ran to my walk-in closet so I didn't burn. All the blisters on my skin started disappearing and I let out a sigh of relief. I sat down on the floor and put my arms around my chest. An overwhelming sadness crept in my heart as I remembered all the times that I was on the beach with my parents. We were playing by the shore and I felt the icy cold water on my legs and the warmth of the sun on my body. It was one of the best days of my life because it was such a perfect day that I couldn't trade with anything. I always loved being out in the warm rays of the sun and it was another thing that I lost by being a vampire. How am I going to get out of here? I was sobbing by the time I heard someone opening the door.

"Elora, are you in there?" Jackson questioned. I looked up in horror as I jumped up and closed the closet door so he wouldn't enter. "What are you doing in the closet? Let me in." he demanded through the door. 

"Jax, you cannot open the door. Just trust me, okay. He stopped trying to open the door and I can feel his pumping heart through the door. "Can you do me a favor? Can you close all the curtains and make sure that it's completely dark in my room." I yelled through the door. 

"Why?" Jax asked. 

"Can you please do it, Jackson. I'll tell you everything once there is no light in my room." I said leaning on the door. 

"Jesus, okay." I can hear him closing the curtains and walking towards the closet again with my vampire hearing. 

"You can come out now. It's all dark. I sure hope it's all dark. 

"Are you sure?" I asked. He sighed, "Yes, I promise." I slowly turned the doorknob and opened the closet door. It was nothing but darkness as he promised. Jackson was seated in my desk chair and had his arms around his chest as he was waiting for an explanation of my behavior of the last few days.

"Look, I can explain." I said. I have to tell him the truth because he is my best friend and I have never once lied to him. 

"Are you on drugs or something?" he asked. 

I looked at him in surprise, "What, never. Listen the other night when I walked out of the bookstore, something happened." I said as I sat on my bed. He looked at me with worry in his deep green eyes that made my stomach turn at what I was going to say next. 

"Oh my god, Elora, what happened that night?" I hesitated for a moment and avoided looking at him in the eyes. How could I tell my best friend that I died and turned into a vampire by the hands of someone that I didn't even know? 

"I...died." I said ignoring his eyes on me. 

"What do you mean you died? You're standing right next to me, very much alive," he asked. I looked up at him, "I mean that someone killed me that night, and I died. But I came back to life." I said truthfully. He looked at me in confusion which made me think he still has more questions.

"What do you mean, Elora?" he questioned.

I sighed, "I got turned into a vampire, Jackson." I said finally.

He chuckled softly which made me confused. "Haha, very funny." he smiled as he sat back in the chair.

"No, I'm being serious Jackson. I can show you." I told him. I really hope he doesn't freak out on what I'm going to do. I bared my fangs at him and he scooted back in fear. He had a terror in his eyes and I instantly regretted telling him what I was. I clicked back my sharp fangs and looked at him with worry.