Ch. 12- Where Ghosts Roam

"They won't tell you in fairy tales of how girls can be dangerous and still win. They will only tell you stories where girls are sweet and kind and reject all sin. I guess to them it's a terrifying thought, a red riding hood who knew exactly what she was doing when she let the wolf in."-Nikita Gill - she is the kind of girl that will give you a sweet smile right before punching you in the face.

**

I was lying on the silky sheets of my bed as I waited for the rest to get started. I stared at the high ceiling as my heart started to beat rapidly. I wonder what it's like for my heart to stop pounding against my chest. I already died before but this time was different. 

This time I will feel everything that comes from dying. At least that's what Grace told me. I never believed that my life would turn out like this. Of course, I loved watching television shows about the supernatural but never in a million years did I think I would become one. I thought that I was going to have a boring life filled with a meaningless job but it didn't. Instead, it's filled with vampires, witches, ghosts and any other supernatural creature I have yet to find out about. 

I still remember the life I had before I got turned. I was going to college and taking classes in creative writing so I could be a published writer someday. I had a happy, simple life. Now, all I can think about is blood and saving my family. Margot and Jackson are the only ones who understand me and the only ones that have been there for me when I needed them the most. I have no idea what I would do without them.  It's like I don't know who I am anymore, my emotions are all over the place to the point that I do not know how I feel about Sebastian. I couldn't read him because he acted one way and then I turn around and he is a completely different person. I want to hate him, god I do so badly, but I can't do that.

"Okay, Elora, we are ready." Grace said in a calm tone. I snapped out of my thoughts and tilted my head up to face her. I could tell that she was just as fearful as I was about this just by the look on her face. Grace was sitting in a white leather chair next to me and I noticed that there was a silver tray full of needles next to her. 

"What's exactly are in those needles anyway?" I questioned.

"Um, well they are different kinds of ingredients that will allow you to your heart to stop and go to the other plane." she admitted. I nodded and turned my head to look at the ceiling again but didn't say anything because my thoughts were taking over me. 

"What is taking Sebastian so long?" I asked narrowing my eyes back at Grace. 

"He's talking to his mother about something." she said in a low voice. 

I rolled my eyes and looked in the other direction. "Does he realize that this is an important matter?" I asked. Suddenly the door opened and glanced in the other direction. I saw that the rest of his siblings came in after him and I narrowed my eyes.

"Yes, I realize that it's important, Elora. I had a matter to discuss with the Queen before we do this." Sebastian admitted as if he heard me through the door. I heard the door close when Christan was the last person to walk in the room. I rolled my eyes as he sat on the bed next to me and glanced at Grace. "How do we do this?" he asked as I sat up on the bed and glanced at her.

Grace pointed at the needles beside her. "We stick this needle in your heart, and within minutes both of your hearts will stop beating." she confessed. I looked down and stared at my hands as she was saying this because I was not prepared for this.

"Sounds easy enough." Sebastian said finally and I glanced up from staring at my hands and all eyes were on me. 

"Elora, are you sure you can go through with this? I mean just yesterday you were poisoned and almost died." Ellie asked with a worried look. Both her and Christian were seated at the small table next to the window and I saw that he was slouched as he had his arms on his knees.