Ch. 29- Acquaintances

"The people who consider you weak have not yet noticed the wolf hiding behind your eyes, nor the flames inside your soul. Let them think you are weak and do what wolves and fire do best. Surprise them when they least expect it." - Nikita Gill

**

I opened my eyes slowly as I moved my hand to the other side to see if Sebastian was lying right next to me, but he wasn't. I furrowed my brows together as I turned my body and sat up on the bed. I looked around the room as I pulled the silk sheets up to my chest to cover it and I realized that our clothes were lying on the floor all around me. 

It was dark in the room and I wondered how long I have been asleep since I can't go out in the sun again. Truth be told, last night was the best night of my life. Sebastian made me feel like I was alive again with one touch and I couldn't get it out of my mind. I started to bite my lip as I got up from the bed with the sheet still attached to my skin. 

As I stood up, I heard the bathroom door open and I saw him with only a towel on. My eyes widened as I saw his muscular chest that seemed to fit him perfectly well. Sebastian's hair was damp which made me want to feel every once of him even more. He caught me staring at him and he formed a smirk on his lips as his dimples shown. I turned my head for a second so I wouldn't look at him and I smiled. Every time he did that, I felt like I was about to have a heart attack. 

I held onto the sheet tighter in fear that it was going to fall in front of him, even though Sebastian has seen everything. I looked back at him as I finally spoke. "How long have I been asleep?" I asked him as my voice was dry. 

Sebastian took a step closer to me which made my stomach turn in knots. "About a day." he muttered. He started walking toward me until he was inches away from my face as he was towering over me and I did my best to stay calm. He moved his hands to cup my face and pull me toward him and it took me a moment to realize what he was doing. I closed my eyes as I felt his lips gently brush against mine and it was like we started a fire that we couldn't put out. 

It felt like a long time of us kissing, but it was only seconds as we pulled apart. I opened my eyes slowly and I saw him smiling at me with his midnight eyes staring at me. "Hello, love." he whispered. 

"Hey." I said back as I smiled back at him. This seems right, I thought to myself because, after everything that both of us have been through, we deserve this. We deserve this one day of only us, even if everything is in chaos outside of this house. As long as my friends and family are okay then that's good enough for me. I just want this to be over, I want Agnes dead so we can finally have peace again. 

I didn't know what to say to him, all of this is just to new to me. "So what happens next? How long are we supposed to be in here?" I asked. His nose touched mine as I stared into his dark eyes that I seem to forget my own name. 

"Whenever the witches are gone. Some of my friends are watching the castle to make sure that there is none of them left." he confessed as he backed away from me. Sebastian turned around and started walking to the closet that was beside the bathroom and closed the door slightly behind him. 

I couldn't help but keep my eyes on him, I wanted to look away but I was frozen to the sight of him changing. I watched him put a black t-shirt on as I decided that I had to look away. I turned my head and stared at the balcony beside me and saw that it was dark outside. I must have really slept all day. "Since when do you have friends?" I joked as I gripped onto the only thing keeping me from being completely naked. 

"There are so many things you don't know about me, darling." he said through the door. I opened the set of doors to the balcony and stepped out of it to feel the cool breeze of Ambrosia against my skin. I stopped to stand on the edge as I felt the cold tiles on my feet. l stared up at the bright stars and moon above me for a minute as it resembled Sebastian obsidian eyes and how they sparkled when he smiled.