Ch. 30- Powers

"The fire can't touch me, for I have burned one too many times & and the sea can't harm me, for I've been drowning all my life. Oh, but you could rip my heart open, darling, for I have never known love before." - R

**

I watched as Thomas, who I figured out was a werewolf, turn back into wolf form in seconds which made me gasp out loud. He stared at me with his glowing blood eyes one last before turning around into the woods and walked away from us. This was the first time I ever encountered another supernatural being other than the witches and vampires, and it was terrifying, to say the least. 

We stood in the same spot for a moment until Sebastian turned around to face me. "Are you sure your okay? I apologize, he just thought that you were Segovia." he admitted as he placed his hand on my cheek, caressing it gently. 

"It's fine, let's just get back to the castle." I whispered. Sebastian nodded his head slightly as he moved his hand down to mine and it wrapped it around my hand with his soft hands. We started to walk through the woods and I glanced up the sky up above as I realized that dawn was coming. 

I turned to Sebastian suddenly as he turned to me while I pointed at the sky without saying anything. He darted his eyes up above for a moment until he looked at me in the eye again. "We should hurry back then." he said in a low voice. 

This time, we started to walk faster than before as we feared of what might come when morning hits. Truth is, I didn't have the energy to speak to him, it was as if the attack that I just experienced drained every bit of energy that I had. It didn't make any sense, but after all of this, I just wanted to be in my own bed for a change. 

I had no idea what waited for us when we got back, as Sebastian said about how most of our kind have been killed during the battle. I found it odd that we were the only ones that survived it, especially since the sunlight is our only weakness except for witch blood. I had to know what happened. But then I recalled what I found out about who I am before the attack. 

I couldn't wrap my head around the idea that I was this powerful being capable of killing my worst enemy. That I was the only one in existence to be both vampire and fae. I still don't know how that's even possible, to have magical powers but have the urge to drink human blood. I must be an abomination. That meant that my parents were both fae and they didn't even tell me, or my aunt could have told me who I was after they passed. But they never did. After this is over, I have to go back home to find answers. 

It took us a long time but we eventually got back to the castle. We were hand in hand as we walked up the long steps to go inside the two sets of doors. As we got to the top, Sebastian opened the doors slowly and we walked inside in a second. I let go of his hand as I closed the door suddenly with my speed so that no sunlight that was coming up could not reach the castle. 

I turned around quickly and that's when I saw the people that I thought didn't survive the attack right in front of me. The ones that have been there for me for all of this. Ellie was the first person that I put my arms around and hugged as it felt like forever since I last seen her. As I had my arms around her, I could smell blood and sweat which made my nostrils flare at the scent. 

I let go of her suddenly and I turned my head to glance at the rest who was standing behind her. "Is everyone alright?" I asked everyone. I saw my brother who had his arms crossed over his chest while Christian was beside him, staring at the wall behind me. Grace was on the other side of Jasper and I noticed that they looked exhausted. Just then, I noticed that Sebastian started to walk toward me and stopped to stand right next to me. 

Ellie was the first one to speak as she took a step back from me and darted her eyes toward Sebastian. "Yeah, were good considering all that has happened." she started to say in a low voice which made me furrow my brows. I've never her seen her like that before: so serious and not acting like the usually Ellie. But she had the right to act like that because what we have been through has shaken all of us to the core.