Ch. 8-Masquerade(Part 1)

"The heart is the size of the fist because we were born to fight for what we love." - Beau Taplin

**

I was sitting next to Ellie in the limo while Grace was seated in front of me drinking a glass of champagne. Personally, I never liked the taste of it but this one was different. It was a mix of both blood and champagne and it tasted so sweet. We sat there laughing and drinking for what felt like an hour. I looked out of the window and the limo finally stopped at a boutique. 

The driver got out of the car and opened the door for us. I stepped out of the limo and I nodded at the driver to say thank you. He smiled and nodded back at me and I turned my head to glance at the building in front of me. I waited for Ellie and Grace to step out of the vehicle. After they were out of the limo, I looked at Ellie who had a smile on her face. 

"You ready to try on some gowns?" she asked. 

"Yes, I think so." I added. 

"Great!" she cheered. Ellie and Grace headed for the door of the boutique and I was right behind them. Grace opened the door and we walked into the store. I widened my eyes at the sight of all the different colors of gowns all around the room. I turned my head to all the dresses and I couldn't figure out which ones I wanted to try on. This boutique was every girl's dream. 

"Ellie! Grace! You're here!" a woman at the counter exclaimed. I furrowed my brows because I didn't know they knew her. The woman had long caramel colored hair and she had olive skin. She was dressed dark blue jeans with her black top tucked into her jeans. 

She walked away from the counter she was standing and headed toward us. She hugged Ellie for a moment before going to Grace and putting her arms around her and for a moment I was waiting for them to introduce me to her. The woman then looked at me and dropped her smile. "Who is this?" the woman asked. 

"Hello, I'm Elora Miller." I said as I held out my hand. She looked at me warily before looking at Ellie. 

"Is it the Elora?" she asked as she widened her eyes. 

"Yes, it is, Armelle. She's the one." Ellie spoke for me. 

The woman who I assumed was Armelle gazed me up and down before forming a smile. She walked toward me and put her arms around me and I furrowed my brows in confusion. I didn't expect her to do that. She released me from her grasp and a small smile escaped my lips.

"I'm so glad to meet you!" she said with a smile. 

"You too." I replied. 

Armelle looked at Ellie and crossed her arms. "So you told me there's a party and you need three specialty gowns, right?" she asked. 

"Yes, that's right." she admitted. 

Armelle turned around and disappeared into another room that made me think it was where her office was. After a moment, she appeared with three gowns and I arched my eyebrows. She walked over to me and handed me one of the dresses. It was covered so that I couldn't see what it looked like. She handed the other gowns to Ellie and Grace. 

"The dressing rooms are over there." she said as she gestured us to where the dressing rooms are. All three of us headed to where they were and I walked into one of the rooms. I put the dress on the hook and unzipped the cover to reveal the most beautiful gown I have ever seen in my life. 

It was an off the shoulder long black dress and the top of it was lace. The lace was covered with flower designs and I couldn't help but be in awe of this dress. I looked at the back of the dress and realized that it was a backless gown. I uncovered the clothes that I was wearing and took off the gown that was on the hanger. I unzipped the back of the gown and put on the dress. I looked into the mirror and I felt uncomfortable wearing this. It was way too sexy for me to wear but if Armelle made it for me then I should wear it.