Ch. 17- He's No Angel

"He wears the smell of blood and death like a perfume." - unknown

**

I couldn't stop thinking about her. Her eyes the mixture of forest green with a sprinkle of gold always entrances me. She was sitting in front of me at the dinner table as she was focused on the conversation. Nobody has gotten under my skin like she has, and I guess I like that. I still remember the moment she pinned me on the floor with her ice cold hands around my neck. 

To say I was amused was an understatement because no new vampire I have turned has done that to me, the future King of Ambrosia. I wanted her so badly but I knew I couldn't because I have to find out if she's really Elora. I mean she looks exactly like her to the curve of her hips and to the wave of her crimson hair. 

She caught my gaze at her and I could tell that she hid her smile by taking a sip of her drink. I love it when she tries to hide the blush on her cheeks. I watched as my sister took her arm as they stood up from their chair. I could watch her walk away like that any day. I watched as Christian headed out the door along with them and that left me alone in the room with my mother. As they were out of sight, my mother turned to me with a frown on her face.

"I need to tell you something important." she said finally as she narrowed her eyes. I turned to her as I furrowed my brows because I knew what she wanted to talk about. I did break the first rule of me turning someone into a vampire and now I am going to have to pay for it. Truth be told, I didn't know why I turned her into one that night. 

Elora bumped into me that night with her nose in her book as she was walking down the sidewalk and all I could think about was how she looked like Segovia. But as we started talking, I realized that Elora was nothing like her. I didn't want to kill her and turn her into a vampire but I thought it was the only way for me to know that she is on our side. 

"Since Elora hasn't had any training to become a vampire in the first place thanks to you, you are going to be the one to train her." she demanded as she crossed her arms. 

I rolled my eyes as I fidgeted in my seat for a second. "Why do I have to be the one to train her?" I grumbled. 

"She's your little pet, Sebastian. Don't think I know why you turned her in the first place." she said angrily. I clenched my jaw and stood up from my chair abruptly and slammed my hands down on the table once again. 

"Don't say that about her mother! She's not my pet and you don't know anything about Elora." I growled. She stood up suddenly as she narrowed her eyes. 

"Of course I know her, Sebastian. You turned her because she looks exactly like Segovia, am I wrong?" she questioned me. I didn't say anything back because what she was saying was true. Yes, I wanted to know if she was on our side but I knew if I turned her into one of us, then maybe she'll come back to me. 

And Elora did but I didn't expect her to have Christian by her side or him seeing a vision of me turning her. I snapped out of my thoughts as I realized that my mother turned around and started walking toward the door. "Her training starts tomorrow." she said finally before walking out of sight. 

I was left alone in the dining room so I decided to walk out of the room and into the hallway when I heard the conversation between Christian and Elora. They were talking about me of all people and how we kissed. I clenched my jaw at what he was saying to her and I heard my brother walking toward me with my super hearing. He had hands in his pockets as he was walking with his head down. I stopped in front of him as he put his head up and realized that I was in his way. 

"What do you want?" Christian questioned with disgust. 

"I heard what you said to Elora back there. That is no way to treat a lady." I admitted to him as I crossed my arms. I saw as he was glaring at me which made me tilt my head in amusement. I knew why he hated me but what I couldn't figure out was why he got so defensive when Elora told him about us.