Ch. 16- The Dinner Party

"Everyone who terrifies you is sixty-five percent water. And everyone you love is made of stardust, and I know sometimes you cannot even breathe deeply, and the night sky is no home, and you have cried yourself to sleep enough times, that you are down to your last two percent, but nothing is infinite, not even loss. You are made of the sea and the stars, and one day, you are going to find yourself again."- unknown

**

Ellie had her arm wrapped around mine as Sebastian opened the two large doors that led to the dining room. From the silence between all of us, I could tell that they were nervous by this dinner with their mother. I have never seen both of them like this before, and it terrified me. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was the narrow table in the center and I noticed that it was about the size of the room. 

There were chairs that could fit a whole town placed next to each other on either side except for one that sat alone at the end of the table. It must be Queen Audrey's chair, but as I glanced at the other end of the table, I noticed that there was a chair missing. That must be where the King sat when he was alive. I snapped out of my thoughts as Ellie gestured me to the table. We sat down as Ellie let go of me and I noticed that Sebastian sat on either side of us with a worried expression on his face. 

"She should have been here already." Sebastian whispered to himself as he put his feet up on the table. I could tell that he was avoiding me just by him turning away from him. I glanced over to Ellie and saw that she had her face turned to a frown. 

"Typical mother." Ellie said finally as I noticed that she rolled her eyes. I leaned back in my chair as I suddenly heard footsteps coming from the hallway. One thing that I had to get used to was I could hear everything. I heard the heartbeats of humans in the castle and the conversations between two people from miles away. Not to mention that I know have the strength to break apart metal chains. 

I turned my head and saw Christian and their mother walking in slowly. I watched as Christian walked over to the other side of Sebastian and pulled a chair out to sit down. Audrey did the same as she sat down at the far end of us. I wasn't going to lie but I felt uncomfortable because I was the only one who wasn't part of the family. 

"Sebastian put your feet down! Your the future King of Ambrosia for god's sake!" Audrey argued as I saw her glaring at Sebastian. I watched as he rolled his eyes and scowled as he eventually put his feet down. I didn't think he was one to take orders from someone, especially his mother. I saw as she glanced over at each of her children and smiled softly for a second before returning her serious expression. 

"Why are we here mother? I mean we haven't had a dinner together in like a hundred years." Sebastian asked with an annoyed tone. 

"Why can't we just have dinner together as a family? Now that Christian is with us, I thought it would be a good idea to have some quality time together." she admitted as she put her hands together. I glanced over at Christian who happened to be not paying attention to the conversation. He seemed to be in his own little world and as I realized that we haven't had time to talk since we got here. 

"Well okay, that's fine I guess." Sebastian whispered to himself. I suddenly heard footsteps coming from the hallway and I turned to see who it was. The footsteps grew closer as I realized it was a servant with five glasses on a plate. He was dressed in a white shirt with a black vest and I watched as he handed a glass to the Queen and put it on the table. 

He walked to the rest of us and I narrowed my eyes as he put our glasses on the table next to us. I glanced at my glass and I realized that it glass full of champagne mixed with blood. I couldn't deny the growing hunger in my stomach any longer so I grabbed the glass quickly and took a sip of the drink. It had a sweet yet bubbly taste to it that I wanted more. But I knew I had to learn to control myself somehow, so I gently put the glass back down on the table in front of me.