Prologue

The Day before the War

Everyday when I wake up I would be welcomed by a very beautiful morning, where the sun rises giving everyone a new day, a new hope. Children running, women laughing and people greeting each other. It was a peaceful life governed by the Seven High Kings of every race, it was marvelously serene... or so I thought?

It all started when I learned that every year the Seven High Kings would come at the great city of Sumir, they would celebrate and hold a feast that would last up to days or even months. But sadly, those who were invited were only the purebreeds and well, not the other ones.

Confused? Our world consists of different races; the humans, the elves, the vampires, the mermaids, the lycans/werewolves, dwarves and the fairies.

The hybrids were a mix of each different races, they were treated differently and unfairly because of their physical appearance. They forced them to work to death on the fields. Some were made into slaves by the nobles, chained around their necks treated like street dogs. The sad part is that they cannot fight back, for if they will they'll meet death in a blink of an eye.

Growing up, I became a one of the security team of Sumir and have witnessed some Hybrids beaten to death.

I am a human, living together with hybrids. Injustice is spreading throughout the world because of the Seven High Kings. That was until this little boy shared an interesting story of him.

Running through the woods of Germania, a seven year old boy who's a human fae found a very strange looking old man. Being the good boy that he is, he helped the poor old man and in return he was given by a weird looking red crystal and predicted that he will, one day, be a Great King. A Great King that will be remembered throughout the history, greater than the Seven High Kings.

Twenty years later the little boy was now a fully grown man and he married a Princess. Before his coronation, he wished to the jewelers that the crystal was given to him by the old man to be put into his crown as a sign of acknowledgement and thanksgiving. Time went on, he became great on his own, the Queen gave his sons and daughters.

Little did they know the crystal started to corrupt his mentality. He heard voices coming from it, slowly controlling him. As the Queen died, he knew by then he already had every power all to himself. He started mating and marrying women of every race and bore children.

For years, he started waging wars in the neighboring countries and they were understaffed for his armies can shift in any form they want.

The World Government, led by the Seven High Kings saw the Great King as a great threat not just to the society but to the whole balanced cycle.

And in this, to protect the harmonious cartwheel of their sole leadership - they issued two certain laws: those who were not of purebreed shall be executed & thou shall not mark nor claim any man/woman that is not your kin.

Millions were killed that very day the law was approved. I saw the streets stained with blood. Soldiers marched through the gates of Sumir, went to every town and clashed their swords with the innocent ones.

I resigned from my post before it could even happen. The thought of murdering a new born infant had my stomach churned upside down. It is a complete act of abomination. The city were inflamed with plaints from bereaved mothers and wives as the massacre continues.

The gods saw everything and was also left devastated, seeing the childless mothers not wanting to be comforted for their children laid lifeless on their deathbeds. The Great King took this to his advantage, he started pursuing those who opposes the World Government and made dangerous liaisons.

His reign continues, more and more blood was shed on the battlefield. He truly was a Great King, great in a dark way that no one would try to oppose him. It has been years since the formal war between the hybrids and the pure ones. No doubt we, the purebreeds, are weakening in numbers. And if the world may fall down, who can save us now?

 And if the world may fall down, who can save us now?

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.