Chapter 39: The Tale of Anwyn the Cursed Fae

Song for this chapter:
We Belong Together by Dove Cameron 💑

Lycurgus' POV

"I remember this, this is Alumina's markings," Kaspar said, scrutinizing the weapon before he continued, "Only dokkalfars can yield and use this weapon. It was exclusively made for them. Other races would be burned by touching it. Why do you have it?" He asked as he looked at me.

"My comrade, Morphy found this along the village that was said to be attacked by hybrids and yet they found this. If I'm not mistaken, Alumina is under the command of the High King itself." I cast my gaze at Yoshaka who rendered me with his intense ones.

He gave me a curt nod as Morphy placed her hand in his, silently encouraging him.

"Alumina is not a symbol of something it's just a front name. She's a fae, a cursed one. I believe she's a winter fae, the ballad says she deals with dark magic." Yoshaka explained.

But Kaspar seemed to be unconvinced as he shook his head furiously, "I know that ballad, young elf. Anwyn is not a winter fae, she's of my kin, a summer fae. It is a known ballad of a summer fae who let the dark magic lurked into the depths of her heart. It created a chaos in the balanced cycle she was needed to be restrained."

"Anwyn?! But she is dead." Cressida fired back, her eyes widen at the sudden realization, "I was there when she got beheaded!"

Cyrus seemed to be surprised at his wife's sudden franticness. He shook his head before he spoke, "Anwyn is a cursed fae, I knew it the moment I met her. The ballad was actually made up to cover the real story behind it. They made her my 'so called lover' and that what we had is void and toxic."

Cressida gasped and I gave him a curt nod. The World Government would do anything to brainwash the people of the races.

Cyrus grabbed her hand as he continued, "The one you saw was not her, it was another lone fae to replace Anwyn. The World Government changed the whole story for the people to be convinced that mating and marrying someone that is not of your kin is pure madness. They would do anything even as far as lying to the people. Cressida and I despite of her being a werewolf we were never reprimanded for she was of great asset to the army."

Orville cleared his throat and nod his head as he continued what his father was trying to say, "The Hunter mentioned in the ballad was none other than my father. She was inlove with him but my father is already marked and mated to my mother who's heavily pregnant with me. Summer faes must not dwell in jealousy, bitterness and anger for it will make them mad.

But she used it against him, High King Allastair, Yoshaka's father had no choice but to summon the High King Saturn and chain her down. The ballad was finished with the Hunter beheaded and her to watch it before she had her turn, but King Saturn was not convinced. Little did they know, Allastair is already using her power to create puissant weapons for his own gain."