Chapter 33: The Cry of the Mad Man

⚠ WARNING ⚠

WARNING ⚠

⚠ DARK GRAPHICS AND MATURE LANGUAGES ⚠

Song for this chapter: I'm Not the Only One by Sam Smith

Ygritte's POV

A zealous light stood tall and proud in the center of the horde. Men, women and children were roaming around, happily talking with great camaraderie from one another.

I saw Kiza and the other kids distributing unlighted torches and the men surrounded the bon fire. My brother, together with Gideon walked to the center isle and the talking stopped. They became the center of attention and now I wondered if they could see little Ygritte in the corner idling and worried.

Then they started humming, a song I knew so well. The dark gloomy night seemed to have gotten darker. Each sides had their own evil to provide and I was here, looking - with wide eyes and unstable beating heart as they sang.

"Crying, crying, screaming in pain

Even flowers are doomed, no one can escape,

Moppet's dying, sovereign failing

At last thy victory has fallen,"

My gaze has fallen back into the bonfire. It's flames started to flicker and sparkled in delight. The wolves howled into the middle of the night sending a horrible taste down my spine. The aura has turned into a sudden realm of darkness as they all stood nearer to the fire. Kaspar was the first one who stretched forth his torch and lighted it up.

"The King and his men all rotten and dead,

Blood streams out, all fuming in despair

We sacrifice lives, we'll feast till dawn

And upon your lives, victory we'll own."

Beads of sweats started falling into my face. My eyes looked finding them all looking in trance. My hands are shaking and felt that my body's gonna drop at any moment. Kaspar lighted Gideon's torch and they passed this to the next and so on.

The goblins started to make their sounds of cry but their tamed eyes were turned into a glimpse of red.

I can't - I must stay strong. I said to myself.

But the fire turned into a hued green one and my eyes wandered as the light started to crept into the whole place engulfing everything in it's ferocious warmth. Fire! But no, it wasn't burning anything. They all stood closely and let the fire engulf them.

"We kill, we gain

In the process of our game

We are nightmares,