Chapter 9: Flabbergasted

Ygritte Ashtroy

Ygritte Ashtroy

"So, you were found in the middle of the woods of Crossbane, yes?" He asked as he scrutinized me with those curiosed eyes and batting eyelashes.

"Indeed I am," I answered vaguely, while looking at him oddly.

He sneezed loudly as his microscope thingy went dangling down on his face.  I smiled at him - the unsure one.

"So, ummm." I replied, really dubious on what I was going to say. He seemed to caught my uneasiness and gave me a small reassuring smile.

"Moris, Moris Boris at your service milady."

I nod and gave him a small smile. Though my hands are gripping quite strongly at the sheets.

Moris started to place his cards and let me settle on the opposite side. He asked me to extend my right hand and he took it. Scrutinizing every detail in my hand and looks at me once in a while with those wide perverted eyes.I avoided his gaze and looked around the tent, I closed my eyes for a while trying to relax myself when I felt something sticky, soft and wet.

I joltedly open my eyes and screamed at the top of my lungs seeing the dwarf at the top of the table licking my hand! With the same hand I slapped him hard causing him to stumble out of the table but remained undaunted. He seemed to be off guard as I cowered in the corner and quickly paced through the sink away from him and started washing my hands roughly.

The loud pumping in my chest didn't help me in my anxiety that is eating my whole core. I remained silent and calmed myself, I silently took the knife and hid it behind my back for my protection in case that crazy old dwarf went on a licking frenzy again. I hushfully made my way back when I stopped in my track, I found the dwarf talking to his hand.

"Ha! Aha! I got you now-- ohh?"

He paused as he looked deeper into his hands, "What is this?"

He suddenly became dead serious as the aura in the room as well as the atmosphere began to darken. Cold gusts of wind fought their way over as I shivered in response. The light inside the tent seemed to dimmed as I felt dark energy around us, lurking in the shadows spying on us. Moris went back to the table and do his trick. He chanted spells and words I can't pronounce and never knew since. Then all of a sudden he raised his head up watching me with earnest in his eyes.

"Who are you?" He asked with great discretion.

Before I could open up my mouth to raise a question, shouts from the outside was heard like there was a big commotion.

Leaving the dwarf I rushed outside Sora's tent. There, werewolf patrols led by Lycurgus marched in a tight formation shielding the most unexpected person, Orville.

Bruises and cuts filled his skinny body. Blood is dripping all over from the big cut on his head making their way to his chest. He looked so fragile and weak. Tears started falling in my eyes as pain constricted in my chest. Who could have done this cruel thing?