Chapter 36: The Young Princess of Llwelyn

A/N: Everyone! Please meet Vaeril ! Know more about him in the next pages 💘

Song for this chapter:
7 years by Lukas Graham

Song for this chapter: 7 years by Lukas Graham

Ygritte's POV

Darkness. Eternal darkness. My eyelids were heavy and my body is all worned up. I feel like I was falling from an unknown dark abyss and my lungs were burning out. I need air!

My eyes gaped wide open. The underwater's current is pushing me down deeper, I was losing too much air and I need one. I swam back to the surface, fighting the current with my failing energy. Once I broke out from the surface I inhaled the air like I was dying every moment without it.

I coughed as I swam back to the shore. I looked around and I can't help the uneasiness in my chest. Where am I?

There stood before me, a huge lake surrounded by huge century trees. It was peaceful and magical and the waters was serene and quiet. The birds sang their songs as the trees danced into its rhythm.

I breathe the fresh air and felt that warming feeling in my heart. It was as if I was connected to what's everything around me for some reason and I was loving every bits of happiness it gives.

I was already loving the scenery before me until I heard a snap of twig in the bushes.

I instinctively held my dagger as I hid from one of the trees. My back felt the sturdy hard bark of the tree as I slid down trying to blend in. My jaw dropped and I froze when I saw one by one, little children in dresses started screaming and running towards the lake.

One servant was carrying a huge basket probably containing foods and the others were tending to the children, making sure they did not go that far.

My dagger dropped when I laid my eyes on a little girl with braided brown hair. Her hair was filled with wild flowers describing her enthusiastic personality. She was on the back of a young man who I familiarized was Gideon, they both looked so carefree and happy. I smiled knowing how close we were way back when I was a little kid.