Chapter 37: Prisoners of the Past

Song for this chapter: Prisoner
by Aaron Levy, Raphael Lake and Daniel Ryan Murphy

Song for this chapter: Prisoner by Aaron Levy, Raphael Lake and Daniel Ryan Murphy

Kaspar's POV

Three days had passed since she took the potion. Matilda assured us that when it's time she'll wake up. Looking at my sister's unmoving figure I can't help but sigh. She has changed, a lot.

After she lost her consciousness we brought her back at the Keep. Her comrades went in babbling and crying that I have to burn a side of my castle just for them to shut up.

Everything about her screams foreign and unreal. Years had passed since I last saw her and seeing her for the first time made my heart warmed up. I thought I saw the little girl who would always jump at my back always telling me to spread my wings and fly.

But who was I kidding?

The paper works seemed to be endless as they towered over me from my desk. I pinched my nose bridge in frustration as I sighed in complete annoyance.

And as if on cue, a knock on my door brought me back to my senses.

"Come in."

And in came a young soldier who immediately saluted with respect, "My Lord, General Cressida has arrived together with Commander Lycurgus and his comrades."

I fought the grin that nearly escaped my lips. They're here, she's here, atlast.

I cleared my throat and spoke, "Very well, bring the General with her husband and the Commander here at my office. The rest could take a break I'll meet them all in supper."

The soldier then bowed and went off to do what I commanded. I leaned back and grinned knowing I'll see her tonight.

I often wondered if she's still that little girl who would cower and hide behind me. I knew her mate would keep her safe but after what he did in the past it took everything within me not to track him down and burn him alive.

She was young, innocent and kind. Her youthfulness and fierceness is making the whole castle alive. But then we'd never thought that she would be claimed by him.

And all it took was just one moment.

I can still remember that day where she seemed to be not herself. She seemed lost and out of place. Father has gathered everyone in the Big Room. The uprising war between the pure breeds and the hybrids is intensifying, with my brother adding fuel to the fire my gaze landed on her.

She seemed so lost in her thoughts, worrying about something. She had me worrying these past few days. She'd be lost in her own thoughts and would blush eventually.

I prayed that it wouldn't be because of a man, knowing my father he'll definitely lose it.

After saying her goodbyes I hid in one of the corner and saw her sneaking out. Where could she be going?