Chapter 34: A Friend to all is a Friend to none

Song for this chapter: Cardigan by Taylor Swift

Ygritte's POV

It's been what? Two weeks? No? I think a month. A month without him. A month without them.

There's no more sign of the Lycan prince. I doubt he even let out an effort to find me. But that would be impossible, even if he knew  that Kaspar is my brother he'd still fail to find this place for it was protected by witches. Kaspar was rarely here at the hybrid camp. Gideon would come and visit once in a while to check up on me but would later come back at the Keep.

Them being hybrids is a big secret they intend to keep.

At first I was quite hesitant to ask about the attack at the keep. But Gideon assured me that it wasn't the people here who attacked them. I mean, of course why would they attack their leader? Gideon said it was something we all need to find out since it it happened only once.

They lost a lot of lives in the fire and the keep had been gloomy ever since.

My first week here after that was just too hard on me. I cried for nights. Who was I kidding?

There are days I cannot find my strenght to eat but I fought it, I have to. I will never punish myself for saying...

Was I not enough? Am I not beautiful enough? Not smart enough?

I lost count of all the reasons I made up to understand why he had to take another woman in his bed. I didn't give myself to him, not yet. But is that why he cheated on me? It hurts and it's killing me to no end. I thought I'm the only one. I thought that giving him all my love will make him think that he's enough. I thought he cared. I thought he loved me.

Tears started to brim in my eyes. He ruined everything. She ruined everything. The only reason why I'm not letting this stupid feeling got the best of me is because of the siege.

I could kill myself from too much agony and let the whole world die with me together.

I tried my best not to care about the whole mission itself. But then I can't help but feel guilty at the amount of deaths that will come our way if I didn't do something.

My grip tightened at the sword turning my knuckles white. I stood up and wiped my tears away, I glanced at the mirror and looked at the brown haired woman with fierceness and sharpness.

I swayed the sword trying to adjust my arms at its heaviness.

During my stay here at the camp I tried to busied my self by joining the other hybrids on their easy missions and after that I would let myself be consumed by my anxiousness. I would come and train myself in the woods just for me to forget it but then who was I kidding?

"Heads up!"

I dodge the ball and by my fast reflexes I grabbed it. Twisting my ankles I leaped through the air and threw it back at the culprit successfully hitting him right in the face. I fought the urge to laugh when his face scrunched when the ball landed right directly to his precious cheeks.